Spike Chunsoft has recently released details that the Western release of the survival-themed RPG, Zanki Zero: Last Beginning, is going to be censored as it will have multiple content changes. One of the changes is that all child bedtime event cutscenes have been removed.
To ensure a release for the West, content changes will also be included in the localized PlayStation 4 and Steam (PC) versions. To reduce content which could be interpreted as sexualization of characters depicted as minors, the following changes have been made:
- PlayStation 4 Packaging Art
- In order to conform to public storefront display standards, images that can be interpreted as too sexually provocative must be modified
- Sachika Bedroom Scene CGIs
- In the Japanese release, Sachika’s panties are visible. In the Western release, the camera angle has been raised to now show Sachika’s panties.
- Child Rinko Extend Machine CGI
- In the Japanese release, Child Rinko covers her chest with her arms. In the Western release, the position of her arms has been adjusted.
- All “Child” bedtime event cutscenes removed
While there are a number of localization changes, there will actually be a slew of additions included in the Western release, which are as follows:
- Japanese Swimsuit DLC included in-game
- Difficulty 1: Lowered difficulty to allow players to focus on story and puzzle-solving (other difficulties have not been modified)
- English voiceover option (Dual audio, choose from English or original Japanese)
- Overall game balance and UI improvements
Zanki Zero: Last Beginning is set to launch on PlayStation 4 and Steam on April 9. Pre-orders are now available, and pre-ordering gets you the Day 1 Edition that includes the game’s soundtrack, which will be a physical (CD) soundtrack with over 30 tracks from the game.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.