Zanki Zero: Last Beginning to be Censored in the West “All Child Bedtime Event Cutscenes Removed” and More
Spike Chunsoft has recently released details that the Western release of the survival-themed RPG, Zanki Zero: Last Beginning, is going to be censored as it will have multiple content changes. One of the changes is that all child bedtime event cutscenes have been removed.
The studio revealed this information via Twitter and also shared the following statement:
To ensure a release for the West, content changes will also be included in the localized PlayStation 4 and Steam (PC) versions. To reduce content which could be interpreted as sexualization of characters depicted as minors, the following changes have been made:
- PlayStation 4 Packaging Art
- In order to conform to public storefront display standards, images that can be interpreted as too sexually provocative must be modified
- Sachika Bedroom Scene CGIs
- In the Japanese release, Sachika’s panties are visible. In the Western release, the camera angle has been raised to now show Sachika’s panties.
- Child Rinko Extend Machine CGI
- In the Japanese release, Child Rinko covers her chest with her arms. In the Western release, the position of her arms has been adjusted.
- All “Child” bedtime event cutscenes removed
While there are a number of localization changes, there will actually be a slew of additions included in the Western release, which are as follows:
- Japanese Swimsuit DLC included in-game
- Difficulty 1: Lowered difficulty to allow players to focus on story and puzzle-solving (other difficulties have not been modified)
- English voiceover option (Dual audio, choose from English or original Japanese)
- Overall game balance and UI improvements
Zanki Zero: Last Beginning is set to launch on PlayStation 4 and Steam on April 9. Pre-orders are now available, and pre-ordering gets you the Day 1 Edition that includes the game’s soundtrack, which will be a physical (CD) soundtrack with over 30 tracks from the game.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.