Developer Nihon Falcom has somewhat sneakily unveiled a new trailer for their upcoming action JRPG Ys X Nordics on their official Twitter account, highlighting various gameplay scenarios and cutscenes. Plus, some in-game BGM is played, and it’s absolutely terrific.
Hopefully, the company uploads this trailer onto their official YouTube channel for higher quality.
- If you missed it, check out our announcement coverage of Ys X Nordics and the initial onslaught of info via Famitsu.
- A Famitsu info drop shared an interview from Kondo, new in-game screenshots, renders, and more.
- The voice actress for Carja is confirmed to be Lynn.
- Adol & Carja Profiles
- New Character Profiles, Renders & Gameplay Info
- Gameplay Footage Reveal
- Release Date Reveal
- 4 New Characters & Ship Combat Details
- Adol Christin Edition
- Dengeki Special Edition
- Commercial & Screenshots
- Field & Ship Combat Footage
- Previous Key Art
- Multiple Key Art + Box Art Website Update
Ys X Nordics will occur between Ys II and Memories of Celceta, making it the new third canonical entry in Adol Christin’s adventure logs. The gameplay has undergone a significant shakeup, with there only being two playable characters this time around.
Special maneuvers can be unlocked via story scenes and exploration, allowing for environmental interaction. Further, in solo mode, the character you’re not controlling performs actions judged by their own discretion. Adol will be controlling a ship for combat and island hopping, too.
Unused Ys Seven concepts are being utilized in this outing, too. Ys X Nordics will allow players considerable explorative freedom, enabling naval travel with a recruitable crew and ship combat.
You can view the new Ys X Nordics trailer below via Falcom’s official Twitter account:
— 日本ファルコム (@nihonfalcom) June 9, 2023
Ys X Nordics will launch in Japan for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch on September 28, 2023.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.