YouTube account 巴哈姆特電玩瘋 has recently posted a new gameplay video of the upcoming Nihon Falcom-developed action JRPG Ys X Nordics.
Seemingly occurring near the start of the game, players get a good sneak peek of the vast world, dungeon interiors, and snippets of character customization. A boss battle constantly seen in marketing is also showcased in full.
Further, the recorded video has a 4K quality option, so we can finally glimpse this entry’s highest graphical capabilities. The performance seems pretty stable, too.
Thanks to Falcom community member Hansuke for sharing this video.
Ys X Nordics will occur between Ys II and Memories of Celceta, making it the new third canonical entry in Adol Christin’s adventure logs. The gameplay has undergone a significant shakeup, with there only being two playable characters this time around.
Special maneuvers can be unlocked via story scenes and exploration, allowing for environmental interaction. Further, in solo mode, the character you’re not controlling performs actions judged by their own discretion. Adol will be controlling a ship for combat and island hopping, too.
Unused Ys Seven concepts are being utilized in this outing, too. Ys X Nordics will allow players considerable explorative freedom, enabling naval travel with a recruitable crew and ship combat.
You can view the new Ys X Nordics gameplay below:
Additionally, the following video uploaded by 遊戲基地-新聞中心 has revealed the title screen:
- If you missed it, check out our announcement coverage of Ys X Nordics and the initial onslaught of info via Famitsu.
- A Famitsu info drop shared an interview from Kondo, new in-game screenshots, renders, and more.
- The voice actress for Carja is confirmed to be Lynn.
- Adol & Carja Profiles
- New Character Profiles, Renders & Gameplay Info
- Gameplay Footage Reveal
- Release Date Reveal
- 4 New Characters & Ship Combat Details
- Adol Christin Edition
- Commercial & Screenshots
- Field & Ship Combat Footage
- Previous Key Art
- Multiple Key Art + Box Art Website Update
- Gameplay Trailer
- Official Social Media Icons
- Official Desktop & Mobile Wallpapers
- Pre-Order Costume Bonuses
- Greiger Characters + Screenshots
- Release Growth System
- Song Trailer
- Soundtrack Preview
- Cleria Armor DLC
- Pikkard Cosmetics
- Flair, Fugil, Balta, and Gunnar Character Introductions
- Subquests & Island Recapturing
- New Screenshots
- 8 Minutes of Gameplay
- 5 New NPC Introductions
- Runestones, Fishing & Sandras Ship
- Latest Screenshots
- 40 Minutes of PS5 Gameplay + New Trailer
- Ys I & II Manga Recap
- Carja Battle Dress
- Action Systems Trailer
- Full Official Trailer
Ys X Nordics will launch in Japan for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch on September 28, 2023.
Ys X Nordics will also launch in Traditional Chinese and Korean for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch on September 28, 2023, the same day as the Japanese version.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.