During their latest shareholder meeting, developer Nihon Falcom announced that Ys: The Oath in Felghana Memoire will launch for Nintendo Switch in Japan in Spring 2023. We’ll share more details as they are announced.
The official website states the following:
- This remaster includes new refined portraits of the characters. However, if you want, you can toggle between the original PSP Felgahana portraits and the new ones at any time.
- The soundtrack was greatly refined, and you can select between three different soundtrack types: PC, PC-8801, and X68000
- Full voice acting for the main story and event cutscenes has been added. Adol will be voiced, and narration will be by Banjou Ginga.
- Turbo Mode is included, increasing field and battle speed by 1.5 to two times with one button press. An accessibility toggle called “No Fall,” which nullifies the fall damage inflicted by falling from high places, is also useable.
Two other untitled projects for the Switch will be detailed in the near future.
UPDATE 1/9/2022: Falcom has shared a new screenshot depicting Elena Stoddart’s new refined portrait:
UPDATE 1/11/2022: Falcom has shared a new screenshot depicting Sister Nell’s new refined portrait:
UPDATE 1/30/2023: Falcom has shared a new screenshot depicting Aida’s new refined portrait:
UPDATE 2/8/2023: Falcom has shared a gameplay clip of turbo mode in action:
— 日本ファルコム (@nihonfalcom) February 8, 2023
UPDATE 2/21/2023: Falcom has shared the newly updated render of Cynthia, viewable below:
UPDATE 4/5/2023: Falcom has shared a new blog post, revealing new screenshots. One is of the title screen, and the other is the refined portrait of Joel:
Additionally, a new gameplay clip of Turbo Mode was shared, showcasing the boss battle against Istersiva, The Crystalline Entity:
UPDATE 4/6/2023: The refined render of Anya was shared:
UPDATE 4/9/2023: The refined render of Hugo was shared:
Due to this article’s initially published date, check out our latest coverage of the game, housing more gameplay and included content details.
- Ys X was officially announced with new information and concept art.
- View our beginner’s guide to getting into the Ys series.
- Our interview with Ys fansite, Digital Emelas
- My Top 5 Ys Games
- Top 10 Ys Waifus
- Check out our review for Ys IX: Monstrum Nox.
- Ys 35th Anniversary Retrospective
- Ys Fans 35th Anniversary Tribute Album
- Ys VIII Official Music Clips
- Masahiro Sakurai Talks Abouts Ys
- Ys VIII Voice Actor Q&A
- Ys 35th Anniversary Falcom President Interview Coverage
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.