The official Twitter account for the mobile title Ys Online: The Ark of Napishtim has highlighted several characters players will encounter throughout their adventure.
Each character’s general profile is listed below:
- Adol Christin, the protagonist of the Ys franchise, is introduced as an adventurer who ended up lost after encountering the infamous Great Vortex of Canaan while trying to save a friend (Terra). He was formerly on a certain pirate ship before the Romun Fleet attacked.
- Olha, the primary heroine of Ys VI, is introduced as the priestess of the Rehdan people and one who carries the bloodline of the Spirit Goddess. She’s an adept archer who spends her time protecting Rehdan Village from various threats. Additionally, Olha is the one who cares for Adol after he falls into the Great Vortex of Canaan.
- Isha, the younger sister of Olha, is introduced as a prophetic child fearful of her premonitions. She also carries the bloodline of the Spirit Goddess and has a higher degree of aptitude as a Priestess than her older sister.
- Ord is introduced as the demi-human Rehdan Village chief and uncle of Olha and Isha. He’s also well-respected as a courageous, powerful warrior.
- Ernst is introduced as a Romun Fleet sergeant and aide-de-camp to antagonist Admiral Agares. In actuality, his ancestor caused the fabled Ark of Napishtim to run amok, and the Black Emelas sword he utilizes is also from his family.
Rehdans are demi-humans living throughout the continent of America, with their most identifiable traits being their pointed ears and fluffy tails. Further, their residences are usually wooden.
Ys Online: The Ark of Napishtim is currently planned to release sometime this year. Pre-registrations are currently available for iOS and Android devices.
- Ys X was officially announced with new information and concept art.
- View our beginner’s guide to getting into the Ys series.
- Our interview with Ys fansite, Digital Emelas
- My Top 5 Ys Games
- Top 10 Ys Waifus
- Check out our review for Ys IX: Monstrum Nox.
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana is releasing for PlayStation 5 natively this year.
- Ys 35th Anniversary Retrospective
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana kickstarted the series’ popularity in the West during its initial Vita and PS4 release. It contains a memorable narrative, addictive combat, a stellar soundtrack, multiple difficulty levels, a plethora of side content, and much more. It’s a definite must-play, and if you have a PS5, you should be on the lookout for it when it launches later this year.
The title’s Limited Edition is currently available for pre-order, viewable below:
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Deluxe Edition for the PS5
- Art Collection” Softcover Art Book
- The Journal of Adol Christin” Hardcover Book
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana “Seiren Songs”
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Acrylic Bookends
- Adol and Dana Cloth Poster ( 24″ x 17″)
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Steelbook
- Collector’s Box
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana is releasing for PlayStation 5 natively in the West Fall 2022.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.