Sting has announced the western release of Yggdra Union: We’ll Never Fight Alone on Switch. The classic strategy RPG originally developed for the Game Boy Advance will be available in English on the Nintendo system’s eShop on July 27, 2023. On the same day, the Steam version of the game will leave Early Access, which will lead to an increase on its pricing.
Yggdra Union tells the story of princess Yggdra of the Kingdom of Fantasinia. After the Empire of Bronquia invades, she’s left with no choice but to flee with the holy sword, Gran Centurio, which has been held by the royal family for generations. With the help of the thief Milanor and other allies she gathers along the way, she’ll have to fight a harsh battle to reclaim the throne and find justice.
One of the main characteristics of the tactical RPG is the fact each unit includes a troop rather than only a single character. Depending on the characters’ positioning on the map, Unions can be formed to use multiple units in consecutive battles against enemies, making it an extra important element of the game.
The new editions include various improvements and tricks (in-game optional cheats), such as:
- Rewind function;
- Auto save function;
- Conversation log;
- Item location hints on EXTRA menu;
- Battle turbo (up to 5x);
- Flunky unit can be unlocked under specific conditions;
- Sound set function;
- Trick: Change Milanor into Cruz;
- Trick: Turn allies and/or enemies’ criticals off;
- Trick: Skill gauge MAX at the start of battle;
- Trick: Reverse formation types for male and female units;
- Japanese/English voice acting that can be switched at any time;
- Free save even in battle;
- Infinite item usage in EASY mode;
- Equipment removal menu during battle;
- Itembreak adjusted to make the item unusable rather than destroying it;
- Mouse/keyboard/controller support (PC exclusive);
- Keyboard buttons layout adjustable (PC exclusive).
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.