Earlier this month, Yahoo! Japan hosted a poll on their website to assess users’ favorite mainline Final Fantasy titles, including the online-only titles Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XIV. From over 28,000 Japanese applicants, the results of this poll were released today and are listed below:
- Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy VI
- Final Fantasy X
- Final Fantasy V
- Final Fantasy IV
- Final Fantasy XIV
- Final Fantasy IX
- Final Fantasy VIII
- Final Fantasy XI
- Final Fantasy III
Thanks to prominent translator Aitai Kimochi for sharing this news. A few of these placements are indeed surprising, but overall they tend to line up with each game’s popularity. Final Fantasy V’s placement is probably the most shocking to me, as I know it has a dedicated community, though I didn’t realize how large it was.
- Check out our review of Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster.
- Final Fantasy XVI localization details were recently provided.
- A new Final Fantasy XIV live letter was recently conducted, providing information regarding graphical enhancements and gameplay additions.
The next major Final Fantasy release will be Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin.
- Check out our preview of the game’s most recent demo.
- If you missed it, view the game’s final trailer, which features “My Way” By Frank Sinatra.
- Square Enix has previously shared pre-order bonuses and the contents of the title’s Digital Deluxe Edition, containing notable additional missions.
- The game’s soundtrack is currently available for pre-order, spread across 4 CDs.
- Jack Garland is receiving his own Play Arts Kai figure, releasing in November 2022.
Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin is releasing for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on March 18, 2022.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.