Focus Home Interactive announced they will be partnering with Saber Interactive to bring their upcoming zombie-action game World War Z to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, the game will also release on PC, in 2019.
World War Z has players take on hordes of zombies through its various environments including New York, Moscow, and Jerusalem. The game tells the story of a group of survivors, each and a different skill, who must survive and work together if they wish to make it out alive. Players will coordinate with teammates and have access to an arsenal of weapons, explosives, turrets, traps, and barricade all used to kill the zombie threat.
Here is a detailed list of all the playable characters and their unique skills:
- Gunslinger – For those who skip the questions and shoot first, the Gunslinger is loaded with an arsenal of weapon damage and ammo-boosting perks to mow down the dead.
- Hellraiser – Enough explosives can solve any problem! Hellraisers come armed with C4 and other tools for effective crowd control.
- Slasher – For warriors with a sense of elegance, the best way to kill is with your trusty blade. Slashers have perks that increase melee damage and effectiveness while their armed tasers deliver electrifying results.
- Medic – Sometimes the best way to fight the undead is keeping your teammates from becoming one of them. Armed with a Stim Pistol, Medics can heal fellow survivors from a distance and help keep the chaos under control.
- Fixer – When versatility in any situation is the highest priority, the Fixer is there for you, starting out with an explosive ammo case and several teammates ammo-restoring perks.
- Exterminator – Fire is the answer! Armed with Molotov cocktails and increased fire damage, the Exterminator just wants to watch the undead burn.
World War Z has been developed using Saber’s Swarm Engine which allows for hundreds of zombies to appear on the screen at one time.
You can watch gameplay and get a preview of the characters in the newest trailer:
Author’s take: Did someone say, zombies? I’m there
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.