Deck Building RPG ‘Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars’ Debuts Gameplay With Release Date and Free Demo
During the September 2021 Nintendo Direct, Square Enix revealed gameplay from Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars, coming to PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC on October 28, 2021.
Additionally, the publisher revealed that a free demo is available now for players to try and test out the game themselves.
Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars is revealed to be a new deck-building RPG where players will use cards in a way that unravels a narrative. The game is being headed by creative Director Yoko Taro, who you may know from the Drakengard and NieR series.
Further, other creative minds from the NieR team will also join the development, including Yosuke Saito, Keiichi Okabe, and Kimihiko Fujisaka. This is a pretty cool lineup of developers, but it’s tough to really say what this game will be. At this point, we don’t know what to expect from this group.
You can watch the new gameplay below:
UPDATE: Customers can pre-order the Metal Card Set merchandise on the Square Enix Store which is releasing in December 2021.
The Key Art has been revealed:
A special bundle set of DLC will include the following cosmetic alterations themed after the recently released NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…
- Dress of the Bereft – Swaps the costumes of the protagonist, Mar, and Melanie to the design of NieR Replicant™ ver.1.22474487139…
- Emil’s Pattern – Swaps the reverse card design to a design resembling Emil’s clothing
- Emil Avatar – Swaps the player’s avatar to a design resembling Emil
- Emil Dice – Swaps the dice to a design adorned with Emil’s face
- Grimoire Weiss Board – Swaps the battle board and accessories to designs patterned after Grimoire Weiss
- Library Desk – Swaps the table design to resemble a certain library’s stonework
- Devola’s Music – Swaps the general background music to a soundtrack that brings to mind the journeys of a certain young man who fought to save his sister.
- Pixel Art Set – Swaps all character and enemy illustrations to pixel art
You can view the screenshots showcasing the DLC contents below:
Additionally, pre-ordering the title grants the “Golden Dragon Pattern” DLC and a “Traditional Avatar”. The former gives the reverse card art a new, original design by Kimihiko Fujisaka.
You can view official screenshots of this pre-order content below:
Character renders were also provided, which you can view below:
Several official screenshots were provided too. These showcase the title’s premise and gorgeous artwork .
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.