Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden Officially Announced for Switch, PS4 & PC; September 2022 Release, Screenshots, Edition Details
Square Enix has officially announced the third entry of the Voice of Cards series, Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden, for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam.
This new standalone title introduces a new gameplay mechanic, letting players trap monsters in cards used to defeat them so they can be used as skills in combat. Plot-wise, monsters and humans have been at each other’s throats for millennia, and in the midst of continuous crisis, a certain girl loses her home due to monsters. She seeks vengeance and learns more about her world when traveling with a mysterious boy.
Creative director Yoko Taro, music director Keiichi Okabe, and character designer Kimihiko Fujisaka have also returned to the helm.
The Digital Deluxe Edition comprises the following content:
- Decoration of Those in the Cage – New costumes for the game’s heroine and her companions**
- Handbook Pattern – Card reverse patterned after an expert handbook**
- Mama Avatar – Avatar designed patterned after Mama
- Story Collectors’ Dice – Dice patterned after Mother and Carrier**
- The Cage Board – Board and accessories patterned after the Cage***
- Aid Table – Table patterned after the random draw screen**
- Melody of reincarnation – A soundtrack that brings to mind a certain tale of the girl and the monster**
- Pixel Art Set – Replaces all character and enemy illustrations with pixel art**
You can view the officially provided key art and screenshots via our galleries below:
You can view the game’s announcement trailer below:
Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden is releasing for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam on September 13, 2022.
Digital pre-orders are now available via Nintendo Switch and Steam, with purchases up to October 3, 2022, granting the “Iron Avatar” DLC, which unlocks an avatar design with a lustrous iron color, and the “Somber Girl’s Abstract Pattern” DLC* which unlocks a card with the reverse patterned after the back view of the game’s heroine as early purchase rewards.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.