Square Enix has unveiled further details regarding certain bonus content Japan fans will receive when purchasing the upcoming Valkyrie Elysium and Star Ocean The Divine Force.
The previously revealed soundtrack file has been announced as a 6-track MP3 medley from songs across both games, composed by Motoi Sakuraba. This promotion’s availability will conclude on October 31, 2022.
The tracks included in this medley are as follows:
- Theme of Elysium
- Star Ocean Forever: Twin Beacons
- Be’elze: Forest Area
- Battle at Be’elze: Grassland Area
- Twin Blades to Stir the Soul
- The Weald
For those who missed it, the image showcasing the benefits for purchasers of both titles is below:
Aside from the MP3 medley, the two other gifts are:
- [Limited to First-Print Copies] A special Postcard Set will be included with physical copies.
- Present campaign to purchasers; more details will be revealed in the future.
The initial tweet announcing this compositional bonus is viewable below:
— スクウェア・エニックス e-STORE (@SQEX_eSTORE) July 28, 2022
Star Ocean The Divine Force is the newest RPG from developer Tri-Ace. The game features a sci-fi setting as the sixth entry in the franchise with an action-focused battle system. This narrative tells an original story led by protagonist Raymond, the captain of a space trading ship, along with Ydas, and Laeticia, the princess-knight of an underdeveloped planet. After how lukewarm Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness was, it’s relieving to see this series be given another new chance.
Throughout Star Ocean The Divine Force, players get to choose between protagonists Raymond and Laeticia, witnessing the story from multiple unique insights. Raymond’s perceptions offer more sci-fi know-how, while Laeticia’s perspective focuses more on fantasy elements. Combat is real-time, utilizing quick maneuvers such as chain attacks that highly benefit from contextual positioning on the battlefield. Further, the addition of Stop Mode allows players to literally pause the action, letting them form new stratagems on the fly.
- The game has been confirmed to be freely upgradeable to PlayStation 5.
- English Mini Manga 1
- English Mini Manga 2
Star Ocean The Divine Force is releasing on October 27, 2022, for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam.
- Announcement Coverage; Screenshots, Narrative & Renders
- Release Date, Character & Combat Introduction Coverage; Mission Report #1
- Raymond Opening Movie, New Renders, Pre-Order Bonuses & Editions
- Japan Collector’s Edition
- Es’owa Minigame Revealed
- Famitsu Screenshots & Gameplay Information
- Raymond & Laeticia Trailers
- Companions Will Differ Depending On Chosen Protagonist
- Mission Report #2
Valkyrie Elysium is releasing for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 on September 29, 2022. The PC version via Steam will launch on November 11, 2022. Valkyrie Profile Lenneth, an updated version of the first title, is also releasing for PlayStation 4 and 5 on that same date.
- View our latest coverage of Valkyrie Elysium’s release date trailer, Japan Collector’s Edition.
- View our announcement coverage of Valkyrie Elysium, comprising the trailer, screenshots, character design, and compositional info.
- Valkyrie Elysium Tertiary Setting Document Revealed
- Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook
- Valkyrie Elysium Soundtrack Pre-Orders Available
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.