USC Games is offering a nice peek into the future of video games, board games, and more at the second annual USC Games Expo, starting at 4 p.m. PDT today at the USC Cinematic Arts Complex.
The USC Games Expo keynote takes place from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. PDT. The public gaming exhibition open to the public and free to attend follows from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. PDT at the USC Cinematic Arts Complex, 900 W 34th St, Los Angeles, CA 90007, with multiple areas of interest for gamers of all ages.
Attendees don’t need to whip out their wallets, though, as the expo is a free on-campus event open to the public — showcasing nearly 80 diverse student, faculty, and alumni projects. In a nutshell, the program strives to highlight diversity, and help young kids from local high schools understand a career/education in video games.
“We built the USC Games Expo into a massive full-day festival celebrating our students’ incredible talents and accomplishments, while giving them a chance to interact with our powerful alumni network and industry leaders as the next generation of influential game designers and creators,” said Danny Bilson, director of USC Games — via a press release. “The USC Games Expo is the world’s largest student-focused gaming event that provides a glimpse into the nation’s leading game design program to anyone attending, from the general public to aspiring developers to notable alumni.”
Sponsored by Jam City, the USC Games Expo is the largest single-school games showcase in the world allowing students to show off their distinctive takes on tried-and-true gaming conventions created within mediums ranging from console, PC, VR, and mobile video games to board games and outdoor games.
“We’re proud to be a part of the USC Games Expo to support the school once again and celebrate the creative minds who will be shaping and innovating the future of gaming,” said Chris DeWolfe, Jam City CEO — via the same press release.
The event also features USC vs. UCLA esports grudge matches in Hearthstone, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and League of Legends, with official teams from both schools extending their campus rivalry into the world of competitive gaming.
Check out more USC Games Expo details below:
· A vast array of games will be on display, including PC and console games such as Plasticity, a cinematic platformer with a poignant environmental message, and Unfettered, an action role-playing game embracing Chinese culture
· The USC Games Expo features a real movie soundstage converted into large-scale VR arena
· Esports is taking a bigger role this year too with heated USC versus UCLA rivalry grudge matches amongst top competitors representing each school in Hearthstone, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and League of Legends
· Major publishers and game studios such as Blizzard, Riot, Activision and Zynga, are attending the USC Games Expo seeking the best and brightest student talent for employment opportunities
· Keynote speeches from Chris DeWolfe, CEO and Co-founder of Jam City, and other high-profile industry leaders offer students expert perspective on global gaming trends and opportunities for designers, artists, data scientists, marketers, and more
· The USC Games Expo also features a mini-carnival, mesmerizing 3D projection mapping installations, and multiple panels addressing hot-button industry issues
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.