Publisher Dear Villagers and developer Artisan Studios have revealed their newest upcoming project during the [email protected] Twitch gaming showcase. This title, Astria Ascending, is a hand-drawn JRPG that tells an expansive story of fate, sacrifice, and new beginnings.
The title boasts development aid from renowned workers of the genre, including a score by Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Vagrant Story), narrative by Kazushige Nojima (Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy VII Remake), and art from CyDesignation (Akihiko Yoshida and Hideo Minaba).
Throughout this game, players take control of a motley crew of 8 Demigods who are armed with responsibility regarding the world’s fate. Each character has their own story, explored across five cities, 25 dungeons, and 30 -50 hours of gameplay for 100 percent completion. Aside from a polished turn-based combat experience, there is also a range of side quests and mini-games, including an original fantasy-themed token game.
Artisan Studio’s game director Julien Bourgeois had this to say about the upcoming title:
- Epic tales: Fight for the future while you reckon with the past; sacrifice everything, relinquish nothing. The story of Astria Ascending was developed in part by writer Kazushige Nojima, known for his work on Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy VII Remake.
- Living landscapes: Travel the world of Orcanon, a richly imagined and fully animated 2D landscape with five cities and a dynamic weather system.
- Unforgettable characters: Pick from eight customizable player characters spanning a range of fantastical races and skills, and assemble a diverse team of heroes.
- Rewarding combat: Work together to save the world, waging strategic turn-based battles using the innovative focus point system.
- A treat for the ears: With music and SFX from composer Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Valkyria Chronicles), Astria Ascending is a heart-swelling joy to listen to.
You can view the announcement trailer for Astria Ascending below:
Astria Ascending is releasing for PC, Switch, PlayStation 5 and 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and Game Pass in 2021.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.