Square Enix has announced that they have updated their tactical narrative RPG Triangle Strategy on Nintendo Switch and PC with several new features, including extra chapter events, the option to replay story battles, and more.
The following patch notes apply to the Nintendo Switch version of the game:
- Added a Character Story replay feature.
- Added a Story Battle replay feature.
- Added Extra Chapter events.
- Note: You must have completed Serenoa’s route in the main story to play the extra chapters.
- Several issues have been addressed to improve the gameplay experience.
The following patch notes apply to the PC version of the game:
- War Chronicle
- Added replay chapter feature.
- The Tavern
- Added replay story battle feature.
- Title Screen
- Added Extra Story (requires completion of Serenoa’s route).
- Made some battle adjustments for repeat playthroughs.
- Improved some loot (money and items) dropped by enemies during repeat playthroughs.
- The “…” symbol animation can now be interrupted and skipped.
- Assigned a button to skip the company logos that appear when launching the game.
- Added a relief measure for when achievements cannot be obtained due to a network error.
- Amended some tutorial text in line with updates.
- Fixes to other minor bugs.
Thanks to Gematsu for catching this news.
If you missed it, check out our review of the PC release.
Triangle Strategy takes place on the continent of Norzelia polyclonal of Glenbrook, Aesfrost, and Hyzante. The regions fight over salt and iron, which began the Saltiron War. Now years later, the threats of war reemerge as groups of knights from each region join together to fight. During gameplay, players will find themselves navigating a classic grid-based map.
The turn-based battle system will also feature environmental systems where players can directly affect the world around them. Characters can link attacks together to utilize the elements and cause greater damage or find ways to navigate the battlefield quicker. The morality system offers intricate story and character depth with meaningful consequences spanning across the entirety of the experience, also providing greater replayablity.
Triangle Strategy is also available on Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.