Square Enix released new illustrations from their upcoming adventure RPG Trials of Mana, coming to PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC-via Steam on April 24, 2020.
The publisher shared these illustrations via their blog along with highlighting the game’s heroes and villains. While some of these characters will be recognized by fans, this title also introduces new ones who are met throughout the adventure.
- Riesz – An Amazon Warrior and princess of the kingdom of Laurent. She is young but has proven herself worthy of being the captain of the Amazon Guard. She brings her calm attitude to the group but also shows signs of stubbornness from time to time.
- Hawkeye – Blue-haired hero wielding dual daggers, Hawkeye is a rogue from the desert fortress of Nevari. He was orphaned at an early age and raised by the leader of the guild. He’s loyal and trustworthy, but sometimes his laid-back attitude makes it tough to take him seriously.
- Belladonna – A beast-turned woman set on seducing the leader of Nevari. She uses her power to influence those around her.
- Kevin – Son of the King of Ferolia, the land of Beastman. What’s unique about him is that his mother is human. He’s strong and lacks social skills, but shows signs of determination when he has a goal.
- Charlotte – She’s immature but more than capable of handling her own. She’s the granddaughter of Wendel’s Priest of Light and has elfin blood. She can come off as naive or spoiled, but she can also be a great asset to the group.
- Goremand – An antagonist with dark influence over the King.
- Duran – The hero of this story and a soldier from Valsena. He can be hot-headed and impulsive, but his intentions are always focused on justice.
- Angela – A rebellious princess and the dought of the True Queen of Altena. Sadly, she has not mastered spellcasting like her peers but does what she can to be a great part of the team.
- The Crimson Wizard – A powerful sorcerer who obtained magic through a dark deal. His power destroys Duran’s world and sets in the motions for this adventure.
Originally released as Seiken Densetsu 3 in Japan, 1994, Trials of Mana is making a receiving a newly updated engine and presentation for this remake of the original. The game has been recreated for HD platforms along with a new battle system and graphics.
Trials of Mana tells the story of six heroes who’s fates will have them fighting towards the same goal of protecting the world when its Mana has been weakened. Each character has a different fighting style and path on the adventure. Players are able to switch through the characters in real-time to utilize their different abilities and skills in the field
In case you missed it, check out our preview of the game from PAX West 2019.
You can check out the new illustrations below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.