Developer Nihon Falcom has released its latest financial report, revealing a plethora of information regarding their continued growth with various IPs, notably Trails and Ys.
Page 19 of the document announced that the next entry of the Trails series is planned to launch during the Fiscal Year Ending September 2024.
You can view a translation of the lines below via our team’s Ryuji:
Fiscal Year Forecast (Ending September 2024)
- Release the latest title in the Trails series, which has sold over 7 million copies in total.
- Release two Nintendo Switch games in Japan, including The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki for Nintendo Switch.
- Actively utilize our IP content and create new titles that will be a new challenge, including the Ys and Trails series.
- The second half of the fiscal year is expected to be more important for our business performance, as sales are concentrated in the months when new products are launched.
- Development costs are incurred in advance as we are currently expanding the number of titles to be released and creating new IP content and games.
- Promote multi-platform development for home video game consoles, PCs, smartphones, etc., worldwide, including overseas regions.
You can view the full financial report for additional comments.
We’ll keep you all updated on this incoming release. The latest Trails title in Japan was The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki II Crimson Sin.
The next Western Trails release will be Trails through Daybreak.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak is the eleventh mainline entry in the Trails series, taking place after the events of The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie. Following the war with Erebonia initiated by Operation Jormungandr, the Republic of Calvard has thrived economically thanks to reparations. However, concerns regarding political reform and an abundance of immigrants have made the citizenry endure additional strife.
Within this tumultuous republic, protagonist Van Arkride makes his living as a Spriggan. This profession takes on the roles of many as it remains within the gray confines of legality that legitimate avenues of employment can’t accept for one reason or another.
- Check out our announcement coverage for additional information.
- Check out the Trails through Daybreak Limited Edition.
- View the Trails through Daybreak merchandise available for pre-order.
Combat in Trails through Daybreak features seamless switching between action gameplay on the field and turn-based encounters with “the revamped AT (Action Time) Battle system.” Orbments have also undergone a fundamental shakeup thanks to Shard Skills, part of the “sixth-generation combat orbment, Xipha.”
Another new gameplay feature in Trails through Daybreak is the Alignment system. The outcomes of the choices Van makes will lead toward Law, Chaos, or in-between, affecting future allies, antagonists, dialogue options, city status, and even jobs one can take on.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak will launch for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC in the West in Summer 2024.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.