Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio is known for its success with the Yakuza series. However, before the studio became well known and established, it was identified and known for creator Toshihiro Nagoshi himself.
As Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio enters their 10th year, producer Daisuke Sato and creator Toshihiro Nagoshi announced today that they will no longer be a part of Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio, the division under SEGA that is solely responsible for the Yakuza and Judgment games.
Both Sato and Nagoshi expressed their appreciation for all the fans that have supported them throughout the years. Newly appointed director Masayoshi Yokoyama announced that future Yakuza games will remain turn-based and follow the protagonist of Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Ichiban Kasuga. A sequel for this title was also announced in the middle of this news.
The following members will be the new executive team of Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio:
- Director of Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio/Executive Producer: Masayoshi Yokoyama
- Yakuza series Chief Director: Ryosuke Horii
- Yakuza series Chief Producer: Hiroyuki Sakamoto
- Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio Technical Manager & Lost Judgment Director: Yutaka Ito
- Yakuza series Art Director: Nobuaki Mitake
- Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio Animation Director: Takayuki Sorimachi
- Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio Visual Design and Cutscene Director: Daisuke Fukagawa
Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio wishes fans to continue believing in them as they produce future games in the Yakuza and Judgment series’.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.