We List Our Favorite Video Game Zombies for PUBG MOBILE X Resident Evil 2 Crossover Event
Zombies in video games have been a staple in the horror genre. There’s just something unnerving about the dead rising and coming for your brains. Well, what’s to say that games outside of the horror genre can’t get a little piece of the pie as well?
Recently, Tencent Games launched a crossover event between their battle royal mobile title PUBG MOBILE and Capcom’s Resident Evil 2 in their 0.12.0 update. Titled Survive Till Dawn 2, players will need to survive the night against zombies in a revamped version of the game mode. The collaboration also adds new ballistic weaponry and unique zombies for players to discover.
Additionally, players can also enter a new mode titled Darkest Night where they must fight against waves of zombies. Rather than parachuting in during this mode, players spawn randomly across the map to face zombies during each of the three nights. Alliances can be formed to fight against the zombies, but that doesn’t mean that all players will play nice.
Noisy Pixel has decided to list our ten favorite video game zombies and why. Be sure to let us know some of your favorite zombies from video games in the comments below. Without further ado, here’s their list:
10. Zombie Marston – What he lacks in honest to goodness menace, he makes up for with personality. This guy is unlockable after you complete the Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare DLC.
9. William Birkin – Unconcerned with the Hippocratic Oath, Dr. Wiliam Birkin first made his horrifying debut in Resident Evil 2 back in 1998. He’s now terrorizing fans again in PUBG MOBILE’s Survive Till Dawn mode.
8. Jonathan Ishi – Spoiler alert for a 15-year-old game – Rescuing Jonathan Ishi is the first mission in Doom 3. Only you can’t rescue him, because he’s undead after coming into contact with a transparent “ghost skull”, which turns him into a Zombie.
7. Hive Mind – Space zombies! The undead monster pulling the necromorph strings in the original 2008 hit Dead Space, the Hive Mind was really little more than a giant worm. But if you count controlling ALL the other extraterrestrial undead, this baddie was a BIG bad to be sure.
6. Little Girl – Yes, this is cheating a bit, because she’s only in a trailer. But that Dead Island trailer is one of the best game trailers of all time. You know you teared up the first time you watched it, don’t lie. If only the game had matched the promise of that first teaser.
5. Stubbs – If you’re an undead shambler with an entire game named after you, you’re doing something right. Top it off with a diverse and weird power set, and you score a spot on a top ten list.
4. Captain Le Chuck – Zombie + Pirate + Lucasfilm + Voodoo + … look he’s got a cool hat and charisma. What’s not to like about this antagonist from 1991’s Monkey Island 2?
3. Scorpion – This undead ninja is likely the most quoted character on this list. Making his debut as one of the seven playable characters in the original Mortal Kombat, he’s back in action -again, again – in Mortal Kombat 11.
2. Tyrant – Okay, so technically Tyrant refers to an entire class of enemies from the OG Resident Evil. But Nemesis DID make a name for himself, and you CAN fight Tyrant in both the new RE2 and in the PUBG MOBILE crossover, so we’ll allow it.
1. The Lich King – Look, he’s undead okay. Arthas Menethil first appeared in Warcraft III and started as a hero. His desire to defeat his enemies proved his undoing and led to his dying and rising as a Death Knight, eventually taking on the mantle of the fearsome Lich King, the baddest undead villain in video games.
The PUBG MOBILE crossover event with Resident Evil 2 is available now for free on iOS and Android devices.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.