Sekai Project has teamed up with developer MyDearest to launch a Kickstarter campaign for the virtual reality mystery novel Tokyo Chronos, currently in development for Oculus and Steam TV and set to release in early 2019. A PlayStation VR version is also planned, but will launch closer to May 2019.
Tokyo Chronos focuses on immersion and storytelling via virtual reality. The title will feature suspense and drama told via a mix of visual animation and the team’s unique comic book style UI, which is inspired from both animation and the visual novel genres.
The VR immersion of the game allows players to look around while discovering new areas as they search for details and listen to the surroundings via a dynamic sound system. The studio wants the character to come alive before the player’s eyes and provide a deep experience.
The development team includes notable creators including:
- Producer: Kazuma Miki (Sword Art Online producer)
- Director: Haruki Kashiwakura (Rakuen Tsuiho: Expelled from Paradise motion director)
- Scenario Writer: Kou Segawa (A Mystery Schoolgirl series mystery writer)
- Character Designer: LAM (illustrator)
Additionally, the four main characters are revealed:
- Kyosuke Sakurai (CV: Yuto Uemura) – The main protagonist who is 16 and attends school in Shibuya. He awakes to find himself in the “Chronos World”, which exist in Shibuya, but time is frozen.
- Karen Nikaido (CV: Yui Ishikawa): Calm and mysterious, she wears a red ribbon and usually prefers to hangout alone.
- Yu Momono (CV: Ibuki Kido): A friend of Sakurai and has a simple and innocent personality. She is also apart of the Camera Club.
- Yuria Tokoku (CV: Shoko Yuzuki): She comes off as childish, but she is a genius physicist and carries a stuffed anime around with her named Patty.
The Tokyo Chronos Kickstarter is asking for $75,000 in funding to asset with hitting the development goals of the team.
You can check out the new trailer as well as some character screenshots below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.