During Gamescom 2022, developer HEXWORKS announced the reboot of 2014’s Lords of the Fallen, titled The Lords of the Fallen. This title takes place a thousand years after the first game with a world five times larger. The adventure is also brand new, with a single-player campaign allowing 2-player co-op.
Creative Director Cezar Virtosu shared the following statement regarding this project:
“The Lords of the Fallen is the spiritual successor fans of the original title have always wanted. The game is significantly larger, with a vast, interconnected dual world split between the realms of the living and dead, that players can explore alone or with friends. It’s darker and more challenging, with faster soulslike combat, stronger thematic, richer narrative, deeper RPG systems, and more immersive storytelling.”
A full gameplay reveal will arrive later this year, but prospective players can look forward to the following general key features:
- A vast, interconnected world – over five times larger than the original game
- An expansive RPG experience – a huge roster of NPCs to meet and stories to uncover
- Tactical combat – a fast, fluid and challenging combat system
- Devastating magic – turn the tide of battle with spells and character buffs
- Uninterrupted online co-op – explore a vast and dark world together
- Define your legend – full character customisation and progression
You can view the title’s announcement trailer below:
The Lords of the Fallen is releasing for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam at a currently unknown date.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.