Gematsu recently contacted publisher NIS America about the upcoming PlayStation 4 version of The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero due to reports about this specific release lacking the improvements Durante and his team are making for the Nintendo Switch and PC ports. Essentially, the PlayStation 4 version in the West will mimic the Japanese PlayStation 4 release.
The response Gematsu received confirmed that the PlayStation 4 version will not have the various Durante implementations. The most significant inclusions that Switch and PC players will benefit from comprise UI scaling, a custom text log, increased frame rate, mitigated distance pop-in, updated sprites, and cleaned-up textures.
For a more granular breakdown of what the Nintendo Switch and PC versions of Trails from Zero will boast, our dedicated coverage is listed below. To clarify, Switch and PC were previously confirmed to have version parity.
Gematsu’s received message from NIS America is viewable below:
- View our digestible yet extensively detailed beginner’s guide to the Trails series.
- View our latest round-up of Falcom news.
- Check out the Durante AMA primarily regarding this title’s PC features.
- First Steam update post revealing details regarding the game’s PC version.
- Second Steam update post revealing more details regarding the game’s PC version.
- View the newest gameplay trailer.
- Saber Vipers & Testaments website update
- Arios, Estelle & Joshua website update
- First “hacked” website update
- Second “hacked” website update
- Fan Art Gallery
- Wallpapers + Avatars
The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure is releasing for Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC via the Epic Games Store, GOG, and Steam in early 2023. Its limited edition and unaffixed merchandise are available to pre-order, too.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.