Publisher NIS America and Durante have announced that a new update is now available for the Nihon Falcom-developed turn-based JRPG, The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero. This update, version 1.4.2, currently only applies to the Steam version, but the rest of the title’s platforms have been confirmed to be receiving updates. However, specifics were not stated.
UPDATE: NIS America has confirmed that version update 1.01 for PlayStation 4 and 1.4.2 for Nintendo Switch will comprise “various text fixes.”
The Nintendo Switch patch notes were provided:
- Add water shimmer function
- Add auto text advance function
- Don’t allow log to open with menus open
- Fix sprite/animation issues with BGM info enabled
- Fix portrait display issue
Firstly, the major new features are quoted and listed below:
- Water Rendering Update: Water now optionally uses a pixel shader which distorts the reflections/refractions. We tuned this for most bodies of water in the game, and it looks pretty neat.
- Added an “Auto Text Advance” feature. Note that there are a few events in-game where this will not apply since they require manual advance.
- Check and trigger achievements on loading saves. This means that if you e.g. import a save from a playthrough of a different version of the game, applicable achievements will now trigger. (Note: this mostly applies to collection-type achievements)
An issue causing display issues for portraits has been resolved, with a detailed explanation of the conflict provided in the Steam blog post.
Further, several unspecified English localization fixes were implemented alongside the following changes and fixes:
- Improve font rendering performance by avoiding unneeded copies and temporary textures. This might be noticeable on slower systems when a lot of text is displayed.
- Map geometry fixes on many maps, and some map collision fixes. Some of these are specific to ultra-wide monitors, but others are visible in 16:9 as well.
- Show correct button prompt in detective notebook for “Details”.
- Add mouse support for the casino exchange menu.
- Made direct camp menu save button prompt clickable.
- Check whether detective rank is in a valid range when loading saves.
- Fixed crash when failing to delete saves.
- Allow cancellation of dialogs in the settings menu with the back button.
- Always apply framerate limit, even when vsync is enabled (or forced off). This is to prevent issues when V-sync is off globally.
- Fixed an issue where battle character outlines could flicker with high FPS.
Players are able to revert to older versions of the game via the Steam Beta menu if they so desire. We’ll be sure to keep you all informed of incoming updates, especially with what’s in store for consoles.
- Check out our review.
- View our 10 Beginner’s Tips.
- View our 100% completion guide spanning quests, fishing, recipes, and much more.
- Check out all of the in-game treasure chest messages exclusive to the localized release.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie will launch for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC on July 7, 2023.
- All English Voices
- Opening Movie Trailer
- Limited Edition & Merchandise
- VR Support & Carry-Over Bonuses Announced
- Story Trailer
- Deluxe Edition
- March 14, 2023 – North America
- March 17, 2023 – Europe
- March 24, 2023 – Australia, New Zealand
Additional coverage for the game is listed below:
- Official Website Update #1
- Official Website Update #2
- Story Trailer & March 2023 Release Date
- Reverse Cover Vote
- Before Playing Trails to Azure, Check Out This Bridging Drama CD Taking Place After Zero, Translated by Fans
The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails is coming to PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC in 2023.
- The Trails series was recently confirmed to have sold over 7 million units worldwide.
- Check out our Beginner’s Guide to the Trails series.
The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki is now available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC via Steam in Japan.
The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki II Crimson Sin is now available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 in Japan. Check out our latest coverage, which also acts as an avenue for previous extensive instances of doing so.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.