Sony and Naughty Dog have shared a new trailer for the upcoming The Last of Us Part II Remastered, introducing the roguelike survival mode titled No Return Mode.
Players will choose their hero, upgrade their weapons, and destroy as many enemies as possible as they progress. The randomization is present via several gameplay modifiers for guns to keep runs consistently refreshing.
The playable cast for the No Return Mode will feature Ellie, Abby, Dina, Jesse, Lev, Tommy, and more. They will all have their own unique traits and skins to further encourage replayablity.
The presentation upgrades in The Last of Us Part II Remastered are stated to be “enhanced graphics, including native 4K output in Fidelity Mode, 1440p upscaled to 4K in Performance Mode, an Unlocked Framerate option for TVs that support VRR, increased texture resolution, increased Level-of-Detail distances, improved shadow quality, animation sampling rate, and more.”
Pre-orders for the standard and W.L.F. editions will become available starting December 5, 2023.
The latter, exclusively purchasable via PlayStation, will include a “SteelBook display case, four enamel pins, a Washington Liberation Front Patch, and a total of 47 Society of Champions trading cards, including eight holographic cards.”
Further, the following additional features will be added:
- Delve deeper into this beloved adventure and learn how the original game was created.
- Lost Levels lets you explore early-development versions of three new levels not seen in the original.
- Enjoy hours of new developer commentary to hear insights into Part II’s development as you experience the game.
- Live up to your musical potential with Guitar Free Play, which includes new unlockable instruments, or take on the new Speedrun Mode and post your best times.
- Descriptive Audio and Speech to Vibrations have also been added to Part II’s suite of accessibility features.
- The Last of Us Part II Remastered also features brand new unlockable character and weapon skins for players to use for both Ellie and Abby.
You can view the No Return Mode trailer for The Last of Us Part II Remastered below:
The Last of Us Part II Remastered will launch for PlayStation 5 on January 19, 2024. Check out our announcement coverage for additional details.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.