PSdeals has leaked the existence of The Last of Us Part II Remastered. The highlights of this package are also detailed, including presentation upgrades and new gameplay implementations.
The following native PlayStation 5 enhancements will be enabled:
- Built for the PS5 console, The Last of Us Part II Remastered enhances the original PS4 game in ways not possible before, including:
- A host of graphical improvements bring the beautiful-yet-dangerous world to life.
- Visual performance now outputs at 4K in Fidelity Mode.
- Improved loading times more quickly let you jump into action.
- Full DualSense wireless controller integration.
A new roguelike survival mode, No Return, will be added, detailed below:
“Experience The Last of Us Part II’s deep combat via an entirely new mode! Survive as long as you can in each run, as you choose your path through a series of randomized encounters. Play as a host of different unlockable characters, some never-before playable in The Last of Us franchise, each with unique gameplay traits. The variety of challenges feature different foes and memorable locations from throughout Part II, all culminating in tense boss battles.”
Further, the following additional features will be added:
- Delve deeper into this beloved adventure and learn how the original game was created.
- Lost Levels lets you explore early-development versions of three new levels not seen in the original.
- Enjoy hours of new developer commentary to hear insights into Part II’s development as you experience the game.
- Live up to your musical potential with Guitar Free Play, which includes new unlockable instruments, or take on the new Speedrun Mode and post your best times.
- Descriptive Audio and Speech to Vibrations have also been added to Part II’s suite of accessibility features.
- The Last of Us Part II Remastered also features brand new unlockable character and weapon skins for players to use for both Ellie and Abby.
Thanks to Wario64 for sharing this news.
We’ll keep you all updated on this incoming release.
UPDATE: Insider Gaming has leaked the trailer for The Last of Us Part II Remastered, revealing a release date of January 19, 2024.
UPDATE: Sony and Naughty Dog have officially announced the title, with an upgrade path of $10 USD.
The presentation upgrades are stated to be “enhanced graphics, including native 4K output in Fidelity Mode, 1440p upscaled to 4K in Performance Mode, an Unlocked Framerate option for TVs that support VRR, increased texture resolution, increased Level-of-Detail distances, improved shadow quality, animation sampling rate, and more.”
Pre-orders for the standard and W.L.F. editions will become available starting December 5, 2023.
The latter, exclusively purchasable via PlayStation, will include a “SteelBook display case, four enamel pins, a Washington Liberation Front Patch, and a total of 47 Society of Champions trading cards, including eight holographic cards.”
You can view the official announcement trailer for The Last of Us Part II Remastered below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.