Bandai Namco has announced that the Nintendo Switch version of Tales of Symphonia Remastered will be updated on August 22, 2023, to version 1.3. The screen-shattering effect when entering battles, dark backgrounds during skits, and vanished backgrounds in the pause screen will finally be remedied.
You can view the full quoted patch notes below:
- Fixed an issue where the background would not display, and the game would go dark when playing a “skit.”
- Fixed an issue where the background would go blank when opening the menu screen.
- Fixed an issue where the battle start sequence would not play when encountering an enemy in the field or a dungeon.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to become inoperable in some dungeons.
- Other minor bugs have been fixed.
Tales of Symphonia was initially released for the Gamecube worldwide before receiving a Japanese-exclusive PlayStation 2 version that added more content. That same version would launch worldwide for PlayStation 3 and then eventually PC via Steam. This upcoming remaster is using the latest versions as the basis, though several new features are arriving, such as skippable anime events and improved maritime navigation.
Tales of Symphonia Remastered is now available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.