[UPDATE] Tales of Symphonia Remastered Announced; Early 2023 Release
During today’s Nintendo Direct, Bandai Namco announced that Tales of Symphonia Remastered will be launching for Nintendo Switch in early 2023. Japan is receiving the game in Winter 2022.
Bandai Namco also confirmed that the title is releasing for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The chosen edition is available for pre-order.
Update: The official website of the title has opened in Japan, and with it, Bandai announced a few key facts regarding the remaster:
- A button to skip events will be added.
- The game is confirmed to run at a stable 30 FPS.
- Changes to the saving screen were made.
- Improved sea movement.
- (Nintendo Switch version only) The game will run at 720p when the Switch is in Handheld/Tabletop Mode.
PlayStation 4 Version
Nintendo Switch Version
Xbox One Version
|Resolution||1080p||720p undocked, 1080p docked||1080p|
|Frame Rate||30 FPS||30 FPS||30 FPS|
|Local Functions||Up to 4 players locally (only during battle)||Up to 4 players locally (only during battle)||Up to 4 players locally (only during battle)|
|Required Space||11 GB||11 GB||11 GB|
|Backward Compatibility||Compatible with the PS5||N/A||Compatible with the XBOX Series|
|Other functions||N/A||Battles can be played with multiple local players by sharing JoyCons.||N/A|
Furthemore, a comparison image of the remaster and the original PS3 release was shown.
More comparison shots are below:
Summer Nguyen, Brand Manager at Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc shared the following statement regarding this announcement:
“Our goal with TALES OF SYMPHONIA REMASTERED is to introduce this beloved entry in the series to a whole new generation of fans. We’re aiming to deliver an experience that’s true to the original yet engaging to a whole new audience of players with enhancements that update the game visually and add new gameplay enhancements.”
Bandai has shared roughly 8 minutes of gameplay footage during Tokyo Game Show 2022, timestamped below. Handheld Switch gameplay is even shown.
You can view the official trailer below:
- Check out our positive review of Tales of Arise’s PlayStation 5 version.
- If you feel overwhelmed by the number of Tales of entries, we shared our thoughts on the best 5 entries newcomers should start with.
- Bandai Namco has added a Tales of series gallery app on PSN and Xbox.
- We wrote 5 tips beginners of Tales of Arise should know before fully diving in.
- For cultured individuals, I shared my top 5 Tales of waifus, with some rather unconventional picks.
- The Tales of the Abyss Anime is now officially and fully available on YouTube.
- Soundtrack now digitally available.
- Tales of Arise 1-Year Anniversary Merchandise
Tales of Arise advances the graphics with the new “Atmospheric Shader,” which presents the world as if it were a hand-drawn painting. Further, the combat has evolved, allowing for a better sense of spectacle and direct player feedback based upon their actions. Finally, the graphics, combat system, characters, and story combine to present a vivid and realized world that the developer hopes will immerse players.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.