Game Informer recently sat down with Sonic Team creative officer Takashi Iizuka and asked him a vast series of rapid-fire questions concerning Sonic’s past, the upcoming Sonic Frontiers, and several other tangential topics.
I have compiled a list of many of Iizuka’s most notable responses, viewable below:
- Sonic & Mario collaborating wasn’t awkward
- Mario could beat Sonic in high-jumps
- Sonic Maker is not a likely project
- First Sonic Game Iizuke worked on was Sonic 3
- Super Emeralds are in another dimension, so Hyper Forms aren’t expected to reappear soon
- Iizuka says the best Sonic game is Adventure 2
- Sonic Adventure 1 was the most challenging title to develop
- Sonic Frontiers does run on Switch
- Sonic Frontiers does not have cooking
- Eggman takes his eggs sunny-side up
- Classic Sonic is not in Frontiers
- Cyber Space is influenced by Sonic’s memories
- There are no classic Sonic songs in Frontiers
- Iizuka’s favorite classic Sonic song is from Sky Sanctuary
- Iizuka’s favorite Crush 40 song is “Live and Learn”
- Sonic Frontiers has no Chao Garden
- Sonic is a teenager in the games
- Iizuka’s favorite Sonic game to work on was Adventure 2
- A new Sonic Adventure game will arrive someday
- Iizuka believes Sonic Frontiers to be the longest Sonic title
- Iizuka knows what the next Sonic game will be
- Iizuka was not fond of the Sonic Boom redesigns
There is a plethora of other intriguing questions and responses from Iizuka delivered throughout this video, and I encourage watching it below:
Sonic Frontiers is releasing for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC in Holiday 2022.
- Exploration Trailer
- Combat Trailer
- Sonic Central & IGN Preview Info
- The setting of the title was confirmed to be called Starfall Islands.
- Voice and subtitled language support has been detailed.
- Press Preview Impressions.
- Playtime & Speed Upgrading Confirmed
- Story & Tone Discussion Interview
- Nintendo Direct Mini Info
- Game Informer Coverage
- Final IGN Exclusive Coverage
- Ian Flynn & Kishimoto Discuss Story
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.