Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris Gets Major Patch to Improve Gameplay
Bandai Namco released a new patch for their action RPG Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris, available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC-via Steam.
The patch is aimed to improve the overall gameplay, which fans felt was lacking when the game launched. This patch includes:
- Added Finish Arts to Wayfarer ReoNa
- Added “Raid Dungeon Extreme”
- Added “Semi-auto mode”
*This mode is for players who want to focus on the main story and play the game with simplified combat.
- Added “Lightplay mode”
*In this mode, the player can play through to the start of Chapter 2 while cruising through the story. This is for players who have seen the anime or read the books and want to reach the game-original content faster.
- Added “Semi-auto mode” and “Lightplay mode” in the options menu
*This mode can be switched ON/OFF during gameplay
*Lightplay mode can be selected when starting a new game
- Added an option to skip battle in the central cathedral in Chapter 1
*This battle will be skipped automatically when Lightplay mode is ON
- Added an option to adjust the speed of the cursor during Concentration
- Added an option to fix the camera position
- Added an option to reduce particle effects during battle
- Added an option to display details during battle
- Added an option to adjust text speed
- Added tutorials for the additional features
With additionally system adjustments being:
- Super Arts can now be triggered whenever the Arts Gauge is more than zero.
*Only when Semi-auto mode is OFF.
- Reduced the speed of Arts Gauge decreasing during Super Arts
- Reduced the amount of Arts Gauge needed to use Ally Skills
- Switched the Finish Arts and Super Arts buttons
- World Map can now be zoomed in and out with the D-pad
- Multiple items can now be selected when selling at a shop
- [STEAM] Fixed the issue where the Bond Conversations end with the camera placed further than intended when playing in a certain resolution
- [STEAM] Keyboard controls can now be selected
- [Xbox One] Adjusted number of objects displayed on screen, and texture resolution
- Adjusted the battle difficulty of the Integrity Knights in Chapter 1
- The player will recover HP when succeeding in landing an Ally Skill
- Adjusted the movements when using an Ally Skill when enemy parts are targeted
- Adjusted the movements when using Renly’s certain sword skills
- Adjusted the particle effects when using the sword skill “Photon Eraser”
- Adjusted balance of certain sword skills
- Dual-wielding sword skill: Moment Bite, Bow sword skill: Fix Peer, Skill: At Wit’s End
- Route Guidance can now be switched to guide the player to the pinned location, main quest or Sub quests
- Route Guidance will now have different colors based on the selected destination
Pinned location = green, Sub quests = yellow, and main quest = blue
Multi-player and other:
- Players can now receive multiple CUBE tickets at once
- Adjusted camera movements during battle
To celebrate this patch, the publisher released a story trailer about how the Kirito and the group never give up. Much like the developers on their quest to provide the best gaming experience to fans for this title.
Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris begins with Kirito entering a mysterious new world known as the Underworld. In this place, NPCs behave more like humans. As Kirito, players will be able to experience the scenes from the anime arc where Kirito encounters Eugeo, Alice, Administrator, and other characters.
The game will be an accurate retelling of the anime series. During the game, Kirito will find himself in the “Underworld”, a mysterious virtual world that is established during the Alicization arc from the anime. The game will feature memorable battles and an expansive world to explore as Kirito fights through this new adventure.
In case you missed it, check out our review of the game.
You can watch the trailer below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.