Bandai Namco has launched a trailer revealing the newest story content for their action RPG Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris, available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC-via Steam.
This brings the game to version 1.4.0 and also contains additional bug fixes and improvements to gameplay.
The highlight of the update is the additional story content: Ancient Apostles: The Bruised King. This quest can be accepted after completing Ancient Apostles: The Reaper of the Woods.
A new Memory Aren has been added where payers can play as Kiriot and fight in an arena every Friday Through Sunday. Ancient Apostles: The Bruised King needs to be completed to unlock this feature.
Other updats include:
- Increased the level cap of playable characters from 80 to 90
*The level cap will be upgradable after updating the game to Ver1.40
*The limit of the SYSTEM CONTROL AUTHORITY will stay at 50
- Max level of enemies has been increased from 300 to 500
- Increased the level of weapons from 15 to 20
- *In order to level up, the player must complete Mutated Beast Quest to obtain the required resources
- Increased normal attacks and sword skill speed
- Shortened the end lag for overall battle skills
- Increased the range of buffs given to the surrounding area when activating the sword skills for the One-Handed Sword listed below:
- Mjolnir Hammer, Heart Strike, Affinity Rain, and Variable Blow
- The attack range of the Whip sword skills are now visible
*This does not include normal attacks
- The quest icon can now be selected from the map menu to set as quest markers
- Adjusted the location of the icon to make it easier to select North Centoria on the world map
- The detailed map of North Centoria can now be opened with one button from the map menu
- Added “Open Detailed Map” in the Sub Menu
- Adjusted the sort types for the item sorting option
- Adjusted the cursor to hover over the strengthened armor when the armor is strengthened
- Adjusted to make it easier to gain fishing proficiency
- The stamina gauge for swimming now decreases slower
- Players can now skip event scenes for raid dungeons that have already been completed
- An icon will appear when approaching an enemy that is to be defeated
- Reduced the number of points lost when removing an unlearned anima/persona from an NPC
Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris begins with Kirito entering a mysterious new world known as the Underworld. In this place, NPCs behave more like humans. As Kirito, players will be able to experience the scenes from the anime arc where Kirito encounters Eugeo, Alice, Administrator, and other characters.
The game will be an accurate retelling of the anime series. During the game, Kirito will find himself in the “Underworld”, a mysterious virtual world that is established during the Alicization arc from the anime. The game will feature memorable battles and an expansive world to explore as Kirito fights through this new adventure.
In case you missed it, check out our review of the game.
You can watch the trailer below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.