Super Mario Maker 2 Reveals New Items and Enemies in Free Update
Nintendo revealed what’s to come in the newest updated headed to Super Mario Maker 2 on Nintendo Switch.
Available on December 5, owners of Super Mario Maker 2 will receive a new legendary update for free. This update adds Link from the Legend of Zelda series as a playable character along with new course parts and gameplay modes.
After updating to version 2.0.0, players will be able to incorporate the Master Sword item in the 8-bit Super Mario Bros. world. If players interact with it, Mario will transform into Link, which gives him the ability to attack with a sword, shoot arrows, and drop bombs.
Here are the other items being added to the game:
- Dash Block – Available in the Super Mario 3D World style, the Dash Block course part gives Mario a major speed burst when stepped on.
- Frozen Coin – These coins are surrounded by a block of ice and can only be released if melted by fireballs or other fire elements, including a certain angry sun.
- P Block – When a P Switch is hit in the course, invisible P Blocks temporarily turn into hard platforms, or vice-versa.
- Spike – This classic enemy coughs up massive spike balls and launches them at Mario. If used in the snow environment, Spike will toss snowballs instead!
- Pokey – The iconic stacked cactus from multiple Super Mario games joins Super Mario Maker 2 for the first time. Players can even edit the height of each Pokey.
The game has also added a Ninji Speedrun mode, where players take on a timed challenge in courses created by Nintendo. Ninji Ghosts will run alongside players as they compete against rivals and work towards the fastest time.
You can watch a trailer showing everything in the update below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.