Capcom has announced that they will be hosting a second closed beta test for Street Fighter 6 from December 16 through December 19, featuring cross-platform play across PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam.
The contents of this second closed beta test are quoted below:
- Character Creation (Only possible to create once)
- Ranked Matches
- Casual Matches
- Battle Hub Matches
- Open Tournaments
- Training Mode
- Hub Goods Shop
- Extreme Battles (Updates daily)
- Game Center (Updates daily)
- Challenges (Updates daily)
- DJ Booth
- Photo Spot
- METRO CITY DOWNTOWN
- GENBU TEMPLE
- CARRIER BYRON TAYLOR
- TIAN HONG YUAN
- THE MACHO RING
- TRAINING ROOM
You can customize your avatar that appears in the Battle Hub when you play the game for the first time. Please note that you cannot save or load avatar recipes, or remake your avatar during the Closed Beta.
- Cross-platform play
- Control types (Modern/Classic)
- Commentary (Play-by-Play Commentators: Vicious/Tasty Steve/Aru/KOSUKE HIRAIWA |
- Color Commentators: James Chen/Demon Kakka), CFN (Fighters List/Replays/Rankings)
- Online match Fight Request function
- Battle tutorials
- Battle settings
- Photo mode
|Cabinet||Battle Hub Match||The match will begin when both you and another player sit down at a battle cabinet. You can go into Training Mode while you wait for a match. You can also spectate while others are playing.|
|Extreme Battle||The rules and gimmicks of Extreme Battle change every day. You can go into Training Mode while you wait for a match or spectate while others are playing.|
|Game Center||Enjoy the classics once again in this area. This is single player content that changes daily. You can also spectate while others are playing.|
|Events||Tournaments||Tournament are held periodically. Go to the event counter to enter.|
|Challenges||Complete various challenges to receive rewards in the form of Drive Tickets.|
|Hub Goods Shop||Use Fighter Coins and Drive Tickets here to obtain gear for your avatar.|
|Fighter Coins (FC)||Provided as a first-time gift during the Closed Beta Test. Please obtain them through the News section of the Multi-menu.|
|Drive Ticket (DT)||Obtainable by completing challenges or entering events.|
An “input delay reduction feature” will also be present.
The trailer announcing this upcoming closed beta test is viewable below. Extensive details regarding the test and applications can be sent via the game’s official website. Changes made from the last beta test are also listed.
Street Fighter 6 is releasing in 2023 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. This title is built off of the RE Engine, leading to impressive graphical capabilities.
- Release Window Coverage
- The roster has been leaked.
- Rollback Netcode & Crossplay have been confirmed.
- Guile was recently officially confirmed for the title via the latest State of Play, with his general moveset being listed and discussed.
- Kimberly & Juri Announcement; Screenshots & Info
- Ken, Dhalsim, E. Honda & Blanka, Crossplay Closed Beta Test October 2022; New Trailer & Screenshots
- World Tour Mode Opening Movie, TGS Special Program VOD
An immersive single-player mode is also promised, breathing new life into the series that has lacked its incorporation. Moreover, the Classic Control Type returns alongside a brand new option, the Modern Control Type, which allows players to jump straight into the action with simplified inputs. Interestingly, a Real-Time Commentary Feature has been confirmed, providing a unique live flair to matches.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.