As leaked on the PlayStation Network yesterday, Capcom has formally announced that the next mainline entry in the Street Fighter franchise, Street Fighter 6, will launch for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on June 2, 2023.
Dee Jay, Manon, Marisa, and JP were revealed alongside the following contents:
- Standard Edition ($59.99; Physical/Digital) – Includes the base game of Fighting Ground, World Tour, Battle Hub, and the 18-character launch roster
- Deluxe Edition ($84.99; Physical/Digital) – Includes the base game and the Year 1 Character Pass (containing four characters), colors 3-10 for each of those Year 1 characters’ Outfit 1, and a bonus of 4,200 Drive Tickets for in-game purchases
- Ultimate Edition ($104.99; Digital) – Includes the base game and the Year 1 Ultimate Pass, which contains content from the Year 1 Character Pass, two additional costumes and their alternate colors for the four Year 1 characters, two more stages, and a bonus of 7,700 Drive Tickets
The new characters’ profiles are quoted below:
- Dee Jay – First appearing in Super Street Fighter II, Dee Jay is a globally popular dance music superstar with a burning love for music and fighting. As a returning character in the series, Dee Jay retains his trademark moves that will get you in the rhythm such as Air Slasher, Double Rolling Sobat, Machine Gun Upper, and Jackknife Maximum, while adding new moves like Jus Cool and Weekend Pleasure to his arsenal. Visit Bathers Beach, Dee Jay’s stage in Street Fighter 6, to find a beachside party full of life amidst a setting sun.
- Manon – A supermodel and world champion judoka, Manon struts the catwalk of street fighting to become the world’s strongest model. Manon’s move set is a graceful union between judo grappling and classical ballet with moves like the Manège Doré, Renversé, Pas de Deux, and more. Find her in the Fȇte Foraine stage in France, a dazzling carnival amidst the French skyline.
- Marisa – Marisa is an up-and-coming jewelry designer from Italy who claims ancestry to ancient Greek warriors. A powerhouse of a character, Marisa utilizes her long limbs to unleash slow yet gargantuan strikes like the devastating Gladius, defensive counter Scutum, powerful Quadriga kick, and the almighty Goddess of the Hunt. Bask in the scent of victory in Colosseo, Marisa’s stage, with battle-ready warriors in the background cheering you on.
- JP – JP is the head of an international nonprofit organization responsible for many successful investment projects, and the man behind Nayshall’s present prosperity. He has a beloved cat named Cybele. JP takes control of the entire map from all angles with moves like the powerful void-creating Departure, the clone-deploying Torbalan, the Embrace grab, and the destructive Interdiction.
More info is viewable via PlayStation Blog.
The following screenshots originate from that article:
Players can explore different regions worldwide, and Special Moves from different Masters can be mixed and matched. Master Assist will be in the mode as well and will allow players to summon Masters like Ryu to aid them in battle.
Moreover, karate-chopping bottles, enjoying Italian cuisine, parrying basketballs are some of the minigames players can look forward to as part-time jobs to earn currency that can purchase in-game food, clothing, and more.
You can view new screenshots below:
Further, the following info is noteworthy:
…Street Fighter V: Champion Edition players with the Street Fighter RVN6ACK Campaign! Create a CAPCOM ID and link your platform to receive Super Street Fighter II Turbo in the Battle Hub when Street Fighter 6 launches.
- Release Window Coverage
- The roster has been leaked.
- Rollback Netcode & Crossplay have been confirmed.
- Guile was recently officially confirmed for the title via the latest State of Play, with his general moveset being listed and discussed.
- Kimberly & Juri Announcement; Screenshots & Info
- Ken, Dhalsim, E. Honda & Blanka, Crossplay Closed Beta Test October 2022; New Trailer & Screenshots
- World Tour Mode Opening Movie, TGS Special Program VOD
- Second Closed Beta Test Announced
You can view the new trailer below:
This title is built off of the RE Engine, leading to impressive graphical capabilities. Further, an immersive single-player mode is promised, breathing new life into the series that has lacked its incorporation.
Moreover, the Classic Control Type returns alongside a brand new option, the Modern Control Type, which allows players to jump straight into the action with simplified inputs. Interestingly, a Real-Time Commentary Feature has been confirmed, providing a unique live flair to matches.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.