State of Play has finally arrived, showing off various titles that have been on the forefront of gamers’ minds, with Capcom showing off their upcoming lineup. However, the most impressive is the first look at gameplay for the upcoming Street Fighter 6 in an extended three-minute-long trailer, including what appears to be a hub world for players to explore.
Of course, we get to see fan-favorite characters, like Chun Li and Ryu duking it out along with the New Challengers, showing off their specials and attack styles. No exact release date has been given, but it’s expected to launch sometime next year. So, players won’t have to wait long until they can duke it out in online multiplayer. Additionally, this title is built off of the RE Engine, leading to impressive graphical capabilities.
You can view officially unveiled screenshots below:
Prospective players can look forward to the following advertised features:
- Classic Experience Built for a Modern Era: With all core gameplay modes present, plus two brand new modes and enhanced visuals, Street Fighter 6 redefines the classic fighting game genre.
- Diverse Fighting Styles to Master: Returning in Street Fighter 6 are Ryu, Chun-Li, and Luke, all of whom have undergone striking redesigns for this new generation. Joining them is a brand new challenger, Jamie, who will add his own flair to the game with his unpredictable move set.
- Brand New Game Modes: The Street Fighter franchise continues to hone its skills and redefine the fighting genre with the introduction of three new foundational modes – Fighting Ground, World Tour, and Battle Hub.
- Fighting Ground:Street Fighter 6 unites core fighting modes from previous titles – including Arcade Mode, online matches, Training Mode, local versus battles, and more – to the Fighting Ground experience.
- World Tour: World Tour is a single-player immersive story mode that pushes the boundaries of what a fighting game is and allows players to leave their own legacy with their player avatar.
- Battle Hub: Battle Hub is a destination that provides players with new and unique ways to engage, communicate and interact.
- In-Game Commentating: Street Fighter’s first-ever Real-Time Commentary Feature, supported with subtitles in 13 languages, incorporates the voices of popular Fighting Game Community (FGC) commentators like Vicious and Aru directly into the game to narrate what is happening on-screen just like a real tournament.
- New Control Scheme: The Classic Control Type returns alongside a brand new option, the Modern Control Type, which allows players to jump straight into the action with simplified inputs.
- Battle System Built for Creativity: Street Fighter 6 introduces the Drive System, a new gauge used to perform five distinct techniques that enhance a player’s offensive or defensive capabilities.
Street Fighter 6 is releasing in 2023 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
Check out the trailer below if you couldn’t watch the State of Play.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.