UPDATE: Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin “Wanderer of the Rift” DLC Now Available; Playable Astos Upon Completion
Square Enix has announced that the second DLC expansion for Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin, Wanderer of the Rift, is now available worldwide on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store.
A list of this DLC expansion’s content is viewable below:
- New Missions – After clearing the first expansion, Trials of the Dragon King, players can dive into new missions and experience an original story featuring Gilgamesh.
- New Job: Blue Mage – Players can unlock the Blue Mage job by progressing through the Wanderer of the Rift story missions. As a Blue Mage, players can learn enemy abilities and turn them into their own powers, either as instant abilities through Soul Shield or by equipping certain accessories.
- GILGAMESH Difficulty Level – While playing on this new difficulty mode, players can obtain special relic equipment imbued with various special effects. Players can utilize these additional special effects while facing off against more challenging combat with higher level enemies, including “chaotic monsters,” which, when defeated, will grant greater rewards.
- Dimension Bringer – Once this new game mechanic is activated, enemies in the vicinity of the dimension bringer will be slowed down, with the damage the player inflicts increasing each time an action ability is used. When the effect is active, a special attack can be unleashed which rapidly takes down the foe with combos.
- Monster Bells – Players can receive a Monster Bell to aid them in battle by finding a summonstone and completing a special event with that monster. Players can increase their affinity with their monster through conversations, feeding it and using items.
Additionally, the game’s official Twitter account has announced that upon completion of this new campaign’s story, the King of the Dark Elves, Astos, becomes playable.
UPDATE: Tetsuya Nomura has shared a launch illustration of Gilgamesh, viewable below:
If you missed it, check out our review.
Throughout Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin, players control protagonist Jack Garland as he and his allies, Jed, Ash, Sophia, and Neon, aim to eliminate Chaos at its root and bring peace to the realm of Cornelia. However, despite the apparent simplicity of the task before them, their memories are haphazard and incomplete, leading to questioning motivations.
The gameplay is Nioh-like, with a variety of loot to obtain for better gear and several swappable Jobs representative of the Final Fantasy franchise at large. Multiplayer is also present.
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin is now available worldwide on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store. The first DLC, Trials of the Dragon King, is also available.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.