Developer and publisher XSEED has announced that Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town has sold over 1 million Nintendo Switch units worldwide. This is a notable report because instead of adding the Switch and Steam versions together, the milestone goes solely to the Nintendo Switch version, which was released in March of this year. While there are multiple theories on why this title sold so well despite its rocky release week with a flood of complaints, it’s still a fantastic achievement.
But that’s not all they had to share: A new Version Update, Version 1.1.0 will be available for both Nintendo Switch and PC version players on November 29th. This new update will add some new features and iron out some issues users have reported. Here’s a list of what to expect:
- New outfits will be craftable via the Salon: The Garb of the Earth (female) and the Garb of the Abundant Harvest (male).
- New farming abilities will be added. From the pictures, it seems those abilities include being able to harvest multiple mature crops at once.
- A mysterious ladder connecting the places on your farm will appear.
- The DLC candidates from the Season Pass will now participate with you in the couple-related festivals. Dialogue pertaining to those will also be added.
- New post-marriage scenes will be added.
- Various issues that caused soft locking and progress blocking were fixed.
- New Spirit quests were added.
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town is the newest entry in the farming simulation series. During gameplay, players will learn the ins and outs of farm life as they take on odd jobs and gain new skills to produce healthy crops and livestock, which can be turned into profit. Throughout the game, players will also meet townspeople who are possible love interests in the adventure. It’s also possible to start a family with this person and have a baby and ride across the environment on their animals.
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive is currently available on Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam.
If you missed it, check out our review of the title’s Switch version. You can also check our article on how the next Story of Seasons title can improve based on older titles in the series.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.