Square Enix has announced they have updated the Star Ocean The Second Story R character render for the party member Dias Flac, stating that the previous version did not match the one present in-game.
Their translated wording is below:
“On June 29, we updated the render of Dias Flac with one that properly matches the render present in-game, as the previous one did not match that.”
Star Ocean: The Second Story R will feature fully voiced event scenes with the original voice cast, a newly arranged soundtrack by original composer Motoi Sakuraba with new songs, including some with a live band, as well as the new Break and Assault Action combat mechanics.
Players can anticipate two selectable protagonists, Claude and Rena, akin to the recently released Star Ocean The Divine Force. The Earth, Galaxy, and Universe difficulties will also be implemented. Further, the developer is Gemdrops, known for porting Star Ocean: The Second Evolution to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in Japan.
Subtitled French, Italian, German, and Spanish language support will also be available via a launch day update.
- Check out our announcement coverage for more information.
- View the collector’s edition.
- Development occurred thanks to fans’ requests and to celebrate the original game’s 25th anniversary.
- Development team discusses the remake’s presentation.
- New quests have been added due to more challenging battles.
- Development team discusses the soundtrack.
- Party composition will reflect the original release.
- Character profiles for six party members were shared.
You can view a comparison of Dias Flac’s previous and current character renders below:
Star Ocean: The Second Story R is releasing for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam on November 2, 2023.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.