The official Japanese website for the Star Ocean series recently updated, revealing that the latest entry, Star Ocean The Divine Force, will receive update version 1.03 on December 8, 2022.
Aside from generally enhanced optimization and bug fixes across each platform, the following points are the most significant. Thanks to our team’s Ryuji for translating:
- Changed how accessories work. Until now, if a party member left (due to story progression) and returned, their accessories would be cleared out. This will no longer happen.
- Added the ability to use DUMA’s Field Scan even while dashing or walking.
- If the AI controls Nina, she will now prioritize recovery abilities more. (if the player has those equipped in her chain combos)
- Several changes to the battles were made. Some of these include adjusting some enemies’ weak points, such as Sampati, the Holy Bird.
- The Lock-On display has been made easier to understand (not elaborated).
- Adjustments to the Camp Menu UI were made, so navigating it will be easier. Furthermore, the left-side text (which informs the player if they obtained/utilized an item) will now stay on screen for a longer period.
- Fixed a portion of minor bugs, including one on the Steam version involving mouse controls. (doesn’t specify further)
We’ll be sure to inform you all of when this update will exactly launch.
UPDATE 12/8/2022: The update has begun rolling out. The official patch notes are quoted below:
- It has been changed so that accessories which characters currently have equipped are not removed when they leave the party during story progression.
*Es’owa decks can still be changed while accessories are equipped.
■Ability to carry out DUMA scanning while moving (walking or dashing) *Excludes VA and gliding
- It is now possible to use the DUMA action “Scan” while moving.
■Adjustments to the frequency that allied characters use healing actions during battle
- The chances of Nina’s AI using a heal action has been greatly increased.
■Adjustments to specific battles
- The trigger conditions for factors such as “XX+YY% while waiting” have been tweaked to include “shift movement”*
(*Shifting refers to the slow walking movement while maintaining distance from a target unique to AI characters)
- The weaknesses of several enemies such as Sampati, the Holy Bird have been adjusted.
- Changes have been made so that the Vatting gauge starts from the 90% mark at the beginning of the battle where Vatting is learned.
- The target lock display has been altered to make it easier to follow.
■Changes to UI and controls
- The following lists have been amended so that pages can be cycled using the left and right directions on the D pad.
- Party screen: Used item list for when setting link combos, battle and active skills list, equipped weapons armor and accessories list.
- Item screen: Items list
- Item creation screen: Items list
- Collection screen: Main story, side stories, enemies, dictionary, spaceships
- Shop screen: Inventory list, Items to sell list
- Region names have been enlarged when the map is expanded on the map screen.
- The time that notices (e.g. messages about items obtained or consumed etc.) are displayed on the left-hand side of the screen has been extended
- Loop processing for selecting item quantities
- Partial fixes to the bugs currently occurring.
- Amendments to mouse sensitivity on the STEAM edition.
- Optimization of game behavior on the various platforms.
- If you missed it, check out our review of Star Ocean The Divine Force.
- 5 Beginner Tips
- Celebratory Launch Artwork
- Japanese Interview Info
- English Mini Manga
- Opening Movie
- Full Opening Song
- Launch Trailer
- Character Designer Art Piece Timelapse
- Star Ocean franchise soundtracks now available on streaming services
- How to Cheese the Difficulty Trophies/Achievements
- Spirit Ethers Guide
- How to Access Both Post-Game Dungeons
- How to Get All Character Endings
- All Mini-Bunny Locations
- Concept Character Designs
- Interview Revealing No DLC Plans, Potential for New Entry & Valkyrie Profile 3 Hopes
In case you’ve missed it, we recently spoke to the Star Ocean Development Team, who revealed that fans’ voices might be what’s needed for Star Ocean: Second Evolution’s PlayStation 4 port to come West.
Star Ocean The Divine Force is now available for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam.
Star Ocean The Divine Force is the newest JRPG from developer Tri-Ace. The game features a sci-fi setting as the sixth entry in the franchise with an action-focused battle system. This narrative tells an original story led by protagonist Raymond, the captain of a space trading ship, the Ydas, and Laeticia, the princess-knight of an underdeveloped planet. After how lukewarm Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness was, it’s relieving to see this series be given another new chance.
Throughout Star Ocean The Divine Force, players choose between protagonists Raymond and Laeticia, witnessing the story from multiple unique insights. Raymond’s perceptions offer more sci-fi know-how, while Laeticia’s perspective focuses more on fantasy elements. Combat is real-time. Further, the addition of Stop Mode allows players to literally pause the action, letting them form new stratagems on the fly.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.