Square Enix has shared a brief new trailer for their upcoming action-adventure JRPG, Star Ocean The Divine Force. Simply titled “Opening Movie,” the title’s theme song by HYDE, “PANDORA,” plays with various scenes from the game.
Further, the game’s PC requirements have been revealed, translated by our team’s Ryuji, and viewable below:
UPDATE 10/24/2022: The cover of the weekly Famitsu issue launching on October 27, 2022, has new artwork of protagonists Raymond Lawrence and Laeticia Aucerius by illustrator Akiman. Additionally, coverage for the game will comprise 16 pages containing interviews with Akiman and the scenario writer, as well as Raymond and Laeticia’s Japanese voice actors.
You can view the Star Ocean The Divine Force opening movie below:
Star Ocean The Divine Force is the newest RPG from developer Tri-Ace. The game features a sci-fi setting as the sixth entry in the franchise with an action-focused battle system. This narrative tells an original story led by protagonist Raymond, the captain of a space trading ship, along with Ydas, and Laeticia, the princess-knight of an underdeveloped planet. After how lukewarm Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness was, it’s relieving to see this series be given another new chance.
Throughout Star Ocean The Divine Force, players get to choose between protagonists Raymond and Laeticia, witnessing the story from multiple unique insights. Raymond’s perceptions offer more sci-fi know-how, while Laeticia’s perspective focuses more on fantasy elements. Combat is real-time Further, the addition of Stop Mode allows players to literally pause the action, letting them form new stratagems on the fly.
Star Ocean The Divine Force is releasing on October 27, 2022, for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam.
- Announcement Coverage; Screenshots, Narrative & Renders
- Release Date, Character & Combat Introduction Coverage; Mission Report #1
- Raymond Opening Movie, New Renders, Pre-Order Bonuses & Editions
- Japan Collector’s Edition
- Es’owa Minigame Revealed
- Famitsu Screenshots & Gameplay Information
- Raymond & Laeticia Trailers
- Companions Will Differ Depending On Chosen Protagonist
- Mission Report #2
- Mission Report #3
- New Screenshots & Vyrian + Malkya Character Renders
- Japan-Only Pre-Order Collaboration Alongside Valkyrie Elysium
- Elena & Albabird Trailers
- Official Material Collection Available for Pre-Order
- Original Soundtrack Available for Pre-Order
- Framed Key Art Available for Pre-Order
- Theme Song “PANDORA” by Hyde
- Nina & Midas Trailers
- New Screenshots
- Tokyo Game Show 2022 Coverage
- Demo Now Available
- Mission Report #4 (Japanese)
- Mission Report #5 (Japanese)
- English Mini Manga
- Marielle & Malkya Character Trailers
- Theo Kelmrath & JJ Character Trailers
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.