Square Enix has shared a new story trailer for their upcoming action JRPG, Star Ocean The Divine Force, also highlighting the English dub. Additionally, the video confirms that a demo is arriving on September 20, 2022, for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
You can view the game’s latest trailer below:
Moreover, a 1-hour English subtitled video for the game was published, viewable below:
A new altered version of the key art was also unveiled, depicting more of the cast:
A character render for the new party member Marielle L. Kenny was shared, viewable below:
A video message from HYDE, singer of the game’s main theme, “PANDORA,” was published, viewable below:
UPDATE 9/19/2022: The demo is now available in New Zealand and other regions where it is already September 20, 2022. It takes place from the start of Raymond’s story until he reaches Delryk Village. Further, players must be aware of the following:
*This demo features a section from the full game that has been re-edited and places restrictions on certain features.
*It is not possible to carry story progression or character levels over to the full game.
Star Ocean The Divine Force is the newest RPG from developer Tri-Ace. The game features a sci-fi setting as the sixth entry in the franchise with an action-focused battle system. This narrative tells an original story led by protagonist Raymond, the captain of a space trading ship, along with Ydas, and Laeticia, the princess-knight of an underdeveloped planet. After how lukewarm Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness was, it’s relieving to see this series be given another new chance.
Throughout Star Ocean The Divine Force, players get to choose between protagonists Raymond and Laeticia, witnessing the story from multiple unique insights. Raymond’s perceptions offer more sci-fi know-how, while Laeticia’s perspective focuses more on fantasy elements. Combat is real-time, utilizing quick maneuvers such as chain attacks that highly benefit from contextual positioning on the battlefield. Further, the addition of Stop Mode allows players to literally pause the action, letting them form new stratagems on the fly.
- The game has been confirmed to be freely upgradeable to PlayStation 5.
- English Mini Manga 1
- English Mini Manga 2
- English Mini Manga 3-5
Star Ocean The Divine Force is releasing on October 27, 2022, for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam.
- Announcement Coverage; Screenshots, Narrative & Renders
- Release Date, Character & Combat Introduction Coverage; Mission Report #1
- Raymond Opening Movie, New Renders, Pre-Order Bonuses & Editions
- Japan Collector’s Edition
- Es’owa Minigame Revealed
- Famitsu Screenshots & Gameplay Information
- Raymond & Laeticia Trailers
- Companions Will Differ Depending On Chosen Protagonist
- Mission Report #2
- Mission Report #3
- New Screenshots & Vyrian + Malkya Character Renders
- Japan-Only Pre-Order Collaboration Alongside Valkyrie Elysium
- Elena & Albaird Trailers
- Official Material Collection Available for Pre-Order
- Original Soundtrack Available for Pre-Order
- Framed Key Art Available for Pre-Order
- Theme Song “PANDORA” by Hyde
- Nina & Midas Trailers
- New Screenshots
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.