Square Enix has announced that digital pre-orders for their upcoming action JRPG, Star Ocean The Divine Force, are now available for PlayStation, Xbox, and PC via Steam. There are standard and digital deluxe editions, with the latter’s contents listed below:
- Star Ocean The Divine Force full game
- Original Soundtrack: Digital Deluxe Edition
- Armour : Radiant Hildegrim
- Armour : Holy Sigrdrifa
- Accessory: Bunny the Lagomower Brooch
- Accessory : tri-Emblum
- Accessory : Gold Bunny Statue
- Accessory: Andvaranaut’s Ring
Store links for each platform’s digital deluxe edition are listed below:
Store links for each platform’s standard edition are listed below:
Additionally, all digital pre-orders grant the following:
- [Lionheart’s Blutgang]
- Greatsword for Raymond
- Weapon that Raymond can use in the early game.
- Includes a factor that increases experience gained in battle.
- [Flashing Naglering]
- Dual blades for Laeticia
- Weapon that Laeticia can use in the early game.
- Includes a factor that can reduce enemies’ DEF temporarily.
A minigame called Es’owa has also been revealed, where useable pawns are equipable items. Several of tri-Ace’s classic series like Radiata Stories and Valkyrie Profile are depicted as these pawns, with the following explicitly stated as pre-purchase benefits:
- Playing Piece / Accessory: Lenneth
- Playing Piece / Accessory: Lezard
- Playing Piece / Accessory: Jack
- Playing Piece / Accessory: Ridley
Star Ocean The Divine Force is the newest RPG from developer Tri-Ace. The game features a sci-fi setting as the sixth entry in the franchise with an action-focused battle system. This narrative tells an original story led by protagonist Raymond, the captain of a space trading ship, along with Ydas, and Laeticia, the princess-knight of an underdeveloped planet. After how lukewarm Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness was, it’s relieving to see this series be given another new chance.
Throughout Star Ocean The Divine Force, players get to choose between protagonists Raymond and Laeticia, witnessing the story from multiple unique insights. Raymond’s perceptions offer more sci-fi know-how, while Laeticia’s perspective focuses more on fantasy elements. Combat is real-time, utilizing quick maneuvers such as chain attacks that highly benefit from contextual positioning on the battlefield. Further, the addition of Stop Mode allows players to literally pause the action, letting them form new stratagems on the fly.
Star Ocean The Divine Force is releasing on October 27, 2022, for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.