Developer tri-Ace recently disclosed its June 2022 financial results to Japanese outlet Gamebiz, and the data, unfortunately, showed a significant decline in sales and a fall into the red.
According to the graphs, sales have dropped a total of 42.9% from the previous financial year, and the company lost ¥684,000,000 and had ¥171,000,000 in profit, a recurring loss that far exceeded the profit of the company. It also showed that the developer is currently in a state of insolvency.
Below is the graph of the financial report, translated and edited by me:
According to NJ Holdings, the company behind TriAce, they were “unable to obtain the expected order amount due to development delays and other factors, in addition to the cancellation and termination of development projects,” and that it did not make progress in obtaining orders for new projects. Fans have suggested that the shutdown of the Star Ocean: Anamnesis gacha game in both Global and Japan might’ve been one of the contributing factors.
Personally, and I say this hoping for the best: I genuinely wish that Star Ocean The Divine Force sells well enough in order to recoup such losses because if TriAce were to suddenly declare bankruptcy as Alphadream did, it will be quite the shocking news.
Star Ocean The Divine Force is the newest RPG from developer Tri-Ace. The game features a sci-fi setting as the sixth entry in the franchise with an action-focused battle system. Throughout the title players get to choose between protagonists Raymond and Laeticia, witnessing the story from multiple unique insights. Raymond’s perceptions offer more sci-fi know-how, while Laeticia’s perspective focuses more on fantasy elements. Combat is real-time Further, the addition of Stop Mode allows players to literally pause the action, letting them form new stratagems on the fly.
Star Ocean The Divine Force is releasing on October 27, 2022, for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam.
- Announcement Coverage; Screenshots, Narrative & Renders
- Release Date, Character & Combat Introduction Coverage; Mission Report #1
- Raymond Opening Movie, New Renders, Pre-Order Bonuses & Editions
- Japan Collector’s Edition
- Es’owa Minigame Revealed
- Famitsu Screenshots & Gameplay Information
- Raymond & Laeticia Trailers
- Companions Will Differ Depending On Chosen Protagonist
- Mission Report #2
- Mission Report #3
- New Screenshots & Vyrian + Malkya Character Renders
- Japan-Only Pre-Order Collaboration Alongside Valkyrie Elysium
- Elena & Albabird Trailers
- Official Material Collection Available for Pre-Order
- Original Soundtrack Available for Pre-Order
- Framed Key Art Available for Pre-Order
- Theme Song “PANDORA” by Hyde
- Nina & Midas Trailers
- New Screenshots
- Tokyo Game Show 2022 Coverage
- Demo Now Available
- Mission Report #4 (Japanese)
- English Mini-Manga
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.