During Tokyo Game Show 2023, Square Enix hosted an information broadcast for the recently announced SaGa Emerald Beyond, going into more detail about the six protagonist’s circumstances and the battle system.
However, the end of the broadcast had a mini-musical performance comprised of various songs throughout the SaGa franchise, including the beloved “Ardent Rhythm.”
The members of the SaGa Tokyo Game Show 2023 show are listed below:
- MC: Nobuo (of the comic duo PENGUINS)
- Akitoshi Kawazu (SaGa series general director)
- Masanori Ichikawa (SaGa series producer)
- Kazuma Oushu (Imperial SaGa Eclipse producer)
- Kenji Ito (Composer)
Throughout SaGa Emerald Beyond, players can step into the shoes of six distinct protagonists, each possessing a unique and intriguing storyline that sets the stage for an epic adventure. These characters have a remarkable ability to perceive emerald waves, which reveal choices that will shape their destinies in the game’s expansive universe.
Players will select their heroes and adventure through 17 interconnected worlds, with the story’s events up to you. Further, there are more paths than ever before in the series. Combat occurs in timeline turn-based battles, where turn order is crucial. Special techniques alter the order of actions, and team combos will significantly bolster your efforts.
- Check out our announcement coverage for additional details.
- Kenji Ito has composed over 50 songs for the game, with three currently revealed.
- The six playable protagonists all received character renders.
- Check out the Tokyo Game Show 2023 trailer.
You can view the timestamped live SaGa musical performance below:
SaGa Emerald Beyond will launch for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices in 2024.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.