Publisher Spike Chunsoft has released a feedback survey for Chaos;Head Noah / Chaos;Child Double Pack, asking purchasers how their experience with the package was and whether there are any potential remedies the company can apply.
Some questions that deserve emphasis are the following:
- How satisfied were you with each of the following?
For this question, one of the selectable fields is “English Translation.” While everyone’s perceptions on such matters differ, there are undeniable inaccuracies and other issues with the translation in this package; Chaos;Head Noah, especially.
Of course, the level of satisfaction you choose to input is solely up to you, as is the case with all of these questions, but if you were even mildly perplexed by the localization choices during your experience, choosing one of the provided levels of dissatisfaction will let your voice be heard, and will hopefully improve future efforts.
- If there was a voice option would you prefer to play Science Adventure Series games with English voices?
This one is…interesting, and I’m sure many fans either won’t care about an English dub or will actively oppose it. I’m somewhat intrigued by the concept, though. If you think it’d be a cool inclusion, then you can let Spike Chunsoft know.
- Are you using or do you intend to use a fan patch (Committee of Zero, etc) to play the games?
Now, this question truly caught me off guard because it’s mentioning a fan translation project for Chaos;Head Noah that’s also meant to optimize the experience. If you’re curious about these efforts, you can check out the team’s website and Twitter profile. I can’t help but wonder…
Lastly, the end of the survey asks for additional comments. On behalf of the community, I request informing them about the translation faults and fixing a bug that gets players to the true end without making the correct choices.
Here’s hoping this feedback all ends up making a difference for the better.
- Check out our beginner’s guide to the Science Adventure series.
- Anonymous;Code Western Release Announcement
- The Origins You Never Knew About Steins;Gate Protagonist Okabe Rintaro: Chaos;Gate
- The Steins;Gate Sequel You Never Heard Of: Steins;Gate: Variant Space Octet
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Ouroboros Designer Worked On Chaos;Head
- Robotics;Notes Manga Coming West 2023 via Udon Entertainment
- Robotics;Notes 10-Year Anniversary Illustration & Celebratory Main Theme Arrangement
- Steins;Gate Fan Patch Adds Old Japan-Only Cosplay Costumes
- Chaos;Head Visual Novel Openings Translated by Fans
- Check out our review of Chaos;Head Noah.
- Chaos;Head Noah Adds Steam Trading Cards, Backgrounds, Emotes & Badges
Chaos:Head Noah can be seen as the director’s cut version of the original Chaos;Head which was a PC-only release in Japan. It expanded upon the story by adding routes for each of the heroines.
Chaos;Child is a visual novel taking place 6 years after Chaos;Head Noah, focusing on a new group of protagonists. This title did receive an official English localization from publisher PQube on PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and by publisher Spike Chunsoft on PC via Steam and GOG.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.