Atlus Japan has begun a new series on its Youtube channel where the protagonist of the upcoming Soul Hackers 2, Ringo, introduces demons that will appear in the title. These are essentially akin to the Daily Demon videos Shin Megami Tensei V received, except more spoof-like due to Ringo’s commentary. She also briefly mentions the day-relevant constellation.
- Link to Daily Demons from March
- Link to Daily Demons from April
- Link to Daily Demons from May
- Link to Daily Demons from June
- Link to Daily Demons from July
- August 1 Daily Demon – Nekomata
- August 2 Daily Demon – Dumplings & Noodles
- August 3 Daily Demon – Silky
- August 4 Daily Demon – Inanna
- August 5 Daily Demon – Doppelganger
- August 6 Daily Demon – Sabbath Bait
- August 7 Daily Demon – Nigi Mitama
- August 8 Daily Demon – Halphas
This one-hundredth-and-fifty-second video’s contents have been translated by our team’s Ryuji, viewable below:
Today’s Demon of the Day is… wait, what? Doesn’t seem to be a demon. This is the convinience store’s…ah, it’s their Squishy Taiyaki!
Today’s luckiest constellation is Cancer.
MedeTAI, TabeTAI, ArigaTAI! (Rejoice all, eat it all, thank it all)! You’ll feel lucky if you have the “TAI” (fish)! But, Taiyaki isn’t the real TAI, it’s an imitation of the real thing, meaning eating that will bring a fleeting, quick luck. Oh yeah, Figue really likes this stuff. She enjoys the “dough”-like texture it has.
Translator’s notes: This is torture. So “tai” or “たい” is an inflection of the -masu verb in Japanese for when you have the desire to do an action that’s usually placed before the verb…but it can also be the name of the fish the Taiyaki is based from, so Ringo basically went ham with the puns here…
And then she replaces “Ikitai” (to want to live)’s TAI with the kanji for “tai”yaki
You can view the August 9 Daily Demon video for Soul Hackers 2 below:
For those unaware, Soul Hackers is a Shin Megami Tensei offshoot that last released for the 3DS, under Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers. Initially, Soul Hackers was considered an entry in the Devil Summoner subseries of Shin Megami Tensei games. However, with Soul Hackers 2, it is now its own series while still retaining some ties to the subfranchise.
Atlus West has announced that the game will have the option to choose between English and Japanese audio, with English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish subtitle options also being selectable, providing greater audience accessibility.
- Nearly 100 New Screenshots
- DLC Screenshots
- Latest Renders & Screenshots
- Worldview Trailer
- Official Soul Hackers 2 Sake Announced
- Famitsu Exclusive Package
- Latest Overview Trailer
- DLC Renders & Information
Soul Hackers 2 will release on August 26, 2022, for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.