Sega Japan and composer Tomoya Ohtani have announced that the full soundtrack for the upcoming action-adventure title, Sonic Frontiers, will be released on December 7, 2022, for ¥8,000. Titled “Stillness & Motion,” fans can look forward to a whopping 150 songs in a physical release with the following inclusions:
- 6 CDs
- 40-Page Booklet
- Commentary from writers, producers, and directors
- 3-Sided Storage Case
- 6-Pack Digi-Stack (Case for each CD)
Further, the title’s main theme, “I’m Here,” will be part of this release. It is also worth noting that there are plans to digitally release the soundtrack worldwide via music streaming services on the same date this physical package launches. Details regarding which streaming platforms have been chosen were not stated, but it’s safe to assume Spotify and the like will be utilized.
UPDATE 10/22/2022: Composer Tomoya Ohtani has confirmed that the soundtrack is 6 hours and 37 minutes long.
Sonic Frontiers is releasing for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC on November 8, 2022.
Throughout Sonic Frontiers, Sonic finds himself stranded on the Starfall Islands after being separated from his friends, Tails, and Amy. A mysterious AI-like voice then begins guiding him to find the Chaos Emeralds and defeat the island’s Titans, which will supposedly save his friends. However, a new character, Sage, is impeding Sonic on his quest to do so.
Sonic Frontiers features an “open-zone” gameplay style, where players will freely explore five distinct islands housing unique biomes, puzzles, enemies, and more. Combat is a direct focus this time, with several enemy types to best and a skill tree to sink resources into. Moreover, the Cyber Space levels provide some familiar speed-centric linearity veteran fans can embrace.
- Exploration Trailer
- Combat Trailer
- Sonic Central & IGN Preview Info
- The setting of the title was confirmed to be called Starfall Islands.
- Voice and subtitled language support has been detailed.
- Press Preview Impressions.
- Playtime & Speed Upgrading Confirmed
- Story & Tone Discussion Interview
- Nintendo Direct Mini Info
- Game Informer Coverage
- Final IGN Exclusive Coverage
- Ian Flynn & Kishimoto Discuss Story
- Takashi Iizuka Question Rapid-Fire
- Gamescom Trailer, November 2022 Release Date & Editions Revealed
- New Screenshots & Renders
- Overview Trailer
- Ending Theme – “Vandalize”
- Main Theme “I’m Here”
- Tokyo Game Show 2022 Trailer
- Soap Shoes DLC
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.