Sega has announced that they will release the first of a two-part digital comic prologue for Sonic Frontiers on October 18, 2022, titled “Convergence.” It is worth noting that this is separate from the previously announced prequel animation starring Knuckles, which currently has no release date.
The cover of this comic’s first part is viewable below:
Sonic Frontiers is releasing for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC on November 8, 2022.
Throughout Sonic Frontiers, Sonic finds himself stranded on the Starfall Islands after being separated from his friends, Tails, and Amy. A mysterious AI-like voice then begins guiding him to find the Chaos Emeralds and defeat the island’s Titans, which will supposedly save his friends. However, a new character, Sage, is impeding Sonic on his quest to do so.
Sonic Frontiers features an “open-zone” gameplay style, where players will freely explore five distinct islands housing unique biomes, puzzles, enemies, and more. Combat is a direct focus this time, with several enemy types to best and a skill tree to sink resources into. Moreover, the Cyber Space levels provide some familiar speed-centric linearity veteran fans can embrace.
- Exploration Trailer
- Combat Trailer
- Sonic Central & IGN Preview Info
- The setting of the title was confirmed to be called Starfall Islands.
- Voice and subtitled language support has been detailed.
- Press Preview Impressions.
- Playtime & Speed Upgrading Confirmed
- Story & Tone Discussion Interview
- Nintendo Direct Mini Info
- Game Informer Coverage
- Final IGN Exclusive Coverage
- Ian Flynn & Kishimoto Discuss Story
- Takashi Iizuka Question Rapid-Fire
- Gamescom Trailer, November 2022 Release Date & Editions Revealed
- New Screenshots & Renders
- Overview Trailer
- Ending Theme – “Vandalize”
- Main Theme “I’m Here”
- Tokyo Game Show 2022 Trailer
- Soap Shoes DLC
- Full Soundtrack Revealed
- Monster Hunter Collab DLC
- Combat Overview Trailer
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.