Sega Japan has announced that ahead of Sonic Frontiers’ release, they will be posting countdown illustrations. This article will house each piece of countdown artwork as they are released.
The first piece of art for seven days until the game’s Japanese launch depicts Sonic performing his new Cyloop ability. Reliable Sonic the Hedgehog fansite, Tails Channel, states this illustration to be from Yui Karasuno.
UPDATE 11/1/2022: The second piece of art has been shared, depicting the Koco.
UPDATE 11/2/2022: The third piece of artwork has been shared, depicting Sage.
UPDATE 11/3/2022: The fourth piece of artwork has been shared, depicting the Ninja enemy.
UPDATE: 11/4/2022: The fifth piece of artwork has been shared, depicting the main man in Cyber Space.
UPDATE 11/5/2022: The sixth piece of artwork has been shared, depicting Sonic fishing.
UPDATE 11/6/2022: The seventh piece of artwork has been shared, depicting Super Sonic battling a Titan.
UPDATE 11/7/2022: The final piece of artwork has been shared, viewable below:
Sonic Frontiers is releasing for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC on November 8, 2022.
Throughout Sonic Frontiers, Sonic finds himself stranded on the Starfall Islands after being separated from his friends, Tails, and Amy. A mysterious AI-like voice then begins guiding him to find the Chaos Emeralds and defeat the island’s Titans, which will supposedly save his friends. However, a new character, Sage, is impeding Sonic on his quest to do so.
Sonic Frontiers features an “open-zone” gameplay style, where players will freely explore five distinct islands housing unique biomes, puzzles, enemies, and more. Combat is a direct focus this time, with several enemy types to best and a skill tree to sink resources into. Moreover, the Cyber Space levels provide some familiar speed-centric linearity veteran fans can embrace.
- Exploration Trailer
- Combat Trailer
- Sonic Central & IGN Preview Info
- The setting of the title was confirmed to be called Starfall Islands.
- Voice and subtitled language support has been detailed.
- Press Preview Impressions.
- Playtime & Speed Upgrading Confirmed
- Story & Tone Discussion Interview
- Nintendo Direct Mini Info
- Game Informer Coverage
- Final IGN Exclusive Coverage
- Ian Flynn & Kishimoto Discuss Story
- Takashi Iizuka Question Rapid-Fire
- Gamescom Trailer, November 2022 Release Date & Editions Revealed
- New Screenshots & Renders
- Overview Trailer
- Ending Theme – “Vandalize”
- Main Theme “I’m Here”
- Tokyo Game Show 2022 Trailer
- Soap Shoes DLC
- Full Soundtrack Revealed
- Monster Hunter Collab DLC
- Combat Overview Trailer
- Prequel Comic Announced
- Magazine Iizuka Interview
- Prequel Comic; Convergence Part 1
- Prequel Comic; Convergence Part 2
- Cyber Space DJ Mix
- Sonic Frontiers Goes Gold
- Sonic Symphony Frontiers Melody
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.