The director of Sonic Frontiers, Morio Koshimoto, has announced that the next mainline entry in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, Sonic Frontiers, has gone gold.
Kishimoto’s full message is viewable below, translated by our team’s Ryuji:
“We have officially completed the master up for all hardware! Thanks to everyone’s feedback, we’ve made it barely before the release date, and this wouldn’t have been possible without your support.
Now that I think about it, it’s a bit sad. After all, it’s been five long years since we’ve been together working on this, so it’s finally over… now! Onto the next assignment!”
Master up: Japanese development lingo which is the equivalent of a game “going gold” in English.
Kishimoto’s tweet of this message is viewable below:
— Morio Kishimoto (@moq_46) October 22, 2022
Sonic Frontiers is releasing for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC on November 8, 2022.
Throughout Sonic Frontiers, Sonic finds himself stranded on the Starfall Islands after being separated from his friends, Tails, and Amy. A mysterious AI-like voice then begins guiding him to find the Chaos Emeralds and defeat the island’s Titans, which will supposedly save his friends. However, a new character, Sage, is impeding Sonic on his quest to do so.
Sonic Frontiers features an “open-zone” gameplay style, where players will freely explore five distinct islands housing unique biomes, puzzles, enemies, and more. Combat is a direct focus this time, with several enemy types to best and a skill tree to sink resources into. Moreover, the Cyber Space levels provide some familiar speed-centric linearity veteran fans can embrace.
- Exploration Trailer
- Combat Trailer
- Sonic Central & IGN Preview Info
- The setting of the title was confirmed to be called Starfall Islands.
- Voice and subtitled language support has been detailed.
- Press Preview Impressions.
- Playtime & Speed Upgrading Confirmed
- Story & Tone Discussion Interview
- Nintendo Direct Mini Info
- Game Informer Coverage
- Final IGN Exclusive Coverage
- Ian Flynn & Kishimoto Discuss Story
- Takashi Iizuka Question Rapid-Fire
- Gamescom Trailer, November 2022 Release Date & Editions Revealed
- New Screenshots & Renders
- Overview Trailer
- Ending Theme – “Vandalize”
- Main Theme “I’m Here”
- Tokyo Game Show 2022 Trailer
- Soap Shoes DLC
- Full Soundtrack Revealed
- Monster Hunter Collab DLC
- Combat Overview Trailer
- Prequel Comic Announced
- Magazine Iizuka Interview
- Prequel Comic; Convergence Part 1
- Cyber Space DJ Mix
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.