Skater XL Gets PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC Release Date With New Trailer Showing Featured Brands
Easy Day Studios announced that Skater XL will launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC on July 7, 2020.
The developer also revealed a list of brands that players will be able to customize their characters with:
- New Balance – Numeric Shoes and Apparel
- Etnies – Footwear and Apparel
- Enjoi – Skateboards and Apparel
- Blind – Skateboards and Apparel
- Almost – Skateboards and Apparel
- DC Shoes – Footwear and Apparel
- Santa Cruz Skateboards – Decks
- Vans – Shoes
- Primitive – Decks and Apparel
- Element – Decks and Apparel
- Independent Truck Co. – Trucks and Apparel
- Venture – Trucks
- Thunder – Trucks
- Spitfire – Wheels
- Lakai – Footwear and Apparel
- ẻS – Footwear and Apparel
- Emerica – Footwear and Apparel
- Grimple Stix – Decks
- Sk8Mafia – Decks and Apparel
- SOVRN – Decks and Apparel
- Ricta – Wheels
- Mob Grip – Grip tape
- Bones – Wheels and Apparel
- Crupie – Wheels
- Grizzly – Grip tape and Apparel
- Dickies – Apparel
- Old Friends – Apparel
- Transworld Skateboarding – Apparel
- 411VM – Apparel
- The Nine Club – Apparel
During gameplay, players will be able to skate as Tom Asta, Tiago Lemos, Evan Smith, and Brandon Westgate, or create their own custom skater. The developer has also revealed that the game will feature a map based on downtown Los Angeles, which includes the LA Convention Center and the Staples Center.
Skater XL is a skateboarding game aimed to give players direct control of the feet and board at all times, rather than trigger trick animations. During gameplay, players can unlock the creative options needed to create a true skateboarding experience. The game will take players through several California locations based on real places from the West Coast.
Currently, the developer supports the modding community by allowing them to create their own maps and systems within the game. There are over a thousand maps available, including digital skate ezines, personal video parts, in-game brands, and contests.
You can watch the new trailer below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.