Atlus has shared new information on the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei V regarding the diverse demon cast players will encounter alongside several gameplay mechanics.
Throughout the protagonist’s journey, he will continually interact with the Bethel Tokyo Branch to protect his home, while Bethel branch representatives from different regions of the world will also make appearances. For example, Odin, Zeus, Vasuki, and Khonsu represent Nothern Europe, Greece, India, and Egypt’s branches respectively.
Over 200 demons will be present throughout the title, and the brand new ones are designed by character designer Masayuki Doi.
Da’at is the primary explorable area set in a post-apocalyptic Tokyo. Terrain, secrets, enemies, and traversal will alter depending on the location, so intricate inspection is recommended.
The aspects of exploration players can expect are listed below:
- Relics– Found at vending machines and are given to Gustave to gain Macca (currency)
- Mitamas– Rare demons who provide immense Experience, Glory, and itemized conversions of Macca when killed
- Treasure Boxes – Contain items, Macca, and Essences
- Amalgams– Silver Treasure Boxes that grant Glory
- Demon Statues – Architectural remnants of war from long ago that increase the levels of allies when touched
- Magatsuhi – Beneficial substances that grant varying effects. Red increases the Magatsuhi gauge in combat, Green heals HP, and Yellow restores MP
- Abscesses – Path obstructions that signal that there are mighty foes nearby. Destroying these obstructions opens new paths and grants Glory
- Amanozako – This demon is a Quest Navigator encountered throughout Da’at who accompanies the player and informs them of nearby items and other key sights. Other possible navigators are also teased
The shopkeeper Gustave can be accessed at Cadaver’s Hollow via Da’at’s leylines. Additionally, Miman, Gustave’s pawns, are collectibles players can obtain to earn rewards such as Glory, which eventually leads to abilities dubbed Miracles.
The Quest system is exactly as one would expect from an RPG. Players can complete these optional tasks by defeating specified demons or providing certain items. Rewards are earned from clearing these tasks, like items, Macca, and Experience.
Various screenshots and character renders were also provided, which you can view below:
Shin Megami Tensei V is releasing for Nintendo Switch on November 12, 2021.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.